Liberty June 27th review!

shallow1

Just got back from our first ever cruise, 5 day Cozumel/Progreso on the Liberty. After months of trying to arm myself with all the cruise knowledge I could...we went with a "go with the flow" attitude. We had cabin #6483. It was the aft cabin with the extended balcony. It was plenty big enough for my husband, 13 year old son and myself. Never felt cramped at all. Very little vibration and no noise that I can recall. It was a very smooth sail and weather was perfect. Would book it again without reservation.

The embarkation was a breeze, parked at EZ Cruise hopped on the shuttle, checked our bags and walked right in and no lines. Debarkation was just as smooth, btw! Maybe the staggered times made the difference??

We found the staff to be extremely nice and always went out of their way to be helpful. My son loved the Circle C club, after some hesitation(just a little shy), but after that...we hardly saw him!! Apparently this was a very full cruise, I think they said 2700. I never felt like the lines for food etc. were too bad. The pool(s) on the other hand were always very crowded. My husband and I never once put on our bathing suits!! My son did the water slide a couple of times and the pool once but we found many other activities to keep us entertained. Since we did Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, we got our fill of water(and alcohol), lol!!!!

Now, after the numerous threads I read prior to our cruise about badly behaved kids...I drilled it into my son that he will not run, cut in line or be a general pain in the butt to others!!! With that said, I would like to ask that the adults STOP running and pushing others!!!! I did observe some adults(drunk) acting like fools but it wasn't anything that "ruined" my vacay:)

Final verdict is that we all fell completely in love with cruising and will most definitely do it again. One final note, when you get change from the kiosk...always wait for ALL the money to come out before you stick your hand in!!! I got change for a $50(two 20's and a 10) but before the last 20 came out I stuck my hand in and the 20 hit it my hand and went right back up into the machine:( I did go to the customer service desk and they graciously gave me my money!!!

Forgot to add that the food was good! My son made out like a bandit with the pizza, Guy's Burger's and soft serve ice cream!! We mostly did the Lido buffet and the Gold dining room one night.

My husband and son did the Behind the fun tour($95.00) and both really liked it. It was great since it was just a group of 8 people. I am guessing that once is enough since you would just be seeing basically the same things each time!?!?!?

We did purchase the Cheers package and while neither one of us could hang long enough to max out our 15 drinks...it was worth it to not have to keep a mental tab of how much we were spending!!!

Thanks for the review, will be doing this in September 2017 and I see so little info on the Liberty, although I am like you, trying to research as much as possible. Can you tell me a little about Progresso? I plan to do an excursion on Cozumel, but just thinking of going to the public beach in Progresso.

ScrapbookJ, we did Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel which was a huge hit with all of us! We did not do a tour in Progreso, just got off the ship and shopped right there at the port. You cannot walk from the port into town since it is so far out(long, long pier). They have free buses and we saw all the people lining up for their tours. I would have loved to do one of the Cenotes...there's always next time!!!

I am sure someone on cruise critic can tell you about the beaches in Progreso. I was told they are not near as nice as Cozumel's so I think I would be highly disappointed after swimming in the crystal clear water and sandy beach, lol!!!

This was our first cruise so can't honestly do a ship comparison~~~but we really liked the Liberty!

Thanks for the review! We sail 9/5/16 and I can't wait! My countdown timer says 60 days! This will be our second cruise, the first being on the Magic a few years ago.

In Progresso, we booked the Salsa, Guacamole, Margarita shore excursion. Three of my favorite things and lots of beach time to boot. In Cozumel, it's swimming with the dolphins for us....it will be my birthday so it's my gift to myself! :p

Thanks for the review! We sail on the Liberty in November and am sooooooooo looking forward to it.

We're returning to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel and will do the free beach in Progreso.

That is pretty much what we will do in Progreso also, but there is suppose to be a beach right there after you get off the pier, so I was wondering if you saw it or went there. Thanks for the response!

There is a public beach at the end of the pier in Progreso. It has some shops and restaurants along the beach. You can sit on the beach at one of the tables in front of a restaurant and they will serve you with food and drinks. Just be prepared to say "no gracias" or "no thank you" often. They have a lot of locals on the beach selling their goods. We have done this a few times while in Progreso. We usually take the autoprogreso beach resort excursion through autoprogreso the company that is hired to bring you back and forth from the ship for $35pp all inclusive of food and drinks.

The beach area in Progresso is what I would consider to be "Real Mexico" in comparison to what you see at the cruise terminals or in Cozumel. The water isn't as photo worthy as other places, but still quite nice. The previous poster is right about the locals, they will be out to make a deal. I actually enjoy that!

To get there, just take the shuttle from the cruise terminal into town, I think it's free. The trip to town along the pier is a little longer than expected... about 4miles or so. The shuttle will arrive at the bus terminal which is a mostly crude structure with several other transfer shuttles. There are a few little shops there but the smell of exhaust from the other shuttles can be overwhelming. Head out of terminal and about a block down the road you'll hit the beach! You might look it up on Google Earth and do a street view.

Enjoy!