Macaroni and Cheese on NCL

Travel R

My family will be cruising on NCL for the first time next year.

Besides for questions about the basics (ship, itinerary, etc.), my daughters both have one very important inquiry they would like me to ask:

How good is the macaroni and cheese on NCL (we will be on the Getaway, if that matters)? [i know taste is subjective, so would like to hear from a few people, if possible, especially those with children that have have tasted it.]

What type is it - does it have any meat in it or baked with anything on top? [They like straight mac n' cheese.]

Thank you for your responses!

Menus will most likely be changed by the time you sail. If Mac and Cheese is available I would look for it at O'Sheehans and the buffet.

My mother made the worst Mac and Cheese and served it often so I'm not a fan and have never looked for it on NCL.

My son claims to be a connoisseur of all things mac 'n cheese. He doesn't like stuff in it, is picky about the size of the noodles, etc. He claims that the mac 'n cheese in the buffet is some of the best he's ever had - "even better than Velveeta shells and cheese" was his claim. I don't really know if that's good or bad, but there you go. :)

I love "macaroni cheese", the name we have due to our Pommie background. The cheese sauce mustn't be too runny, the macaroni proper elbow ones and the cheese on top thick and crunchy. Then mix in real English HP sauce. My wife makes a really mean one; will have to see what NCL can do!!

Mike

We were on Getaway this past October. I'm not sure if they make it themselves or if it's from a box, but my son loved it - and he is very picky about his mac & cheese, lol! There is nothing in or on top of it.

Awesome - my kids love the Velveta mac n' cheese, so they will be very happy to hear this!

Thank You for the very quick responses!!!

[FYI - I have no doubt that my DD16 will order the Mac and Cheese off the kids menu (as she has done in many restaurants throughout the last few years) - thanks for posting the kids menu!!!]

Edited by Travel R