A Mrs Fashionista Honeymoon Getaway

lara_lox

Such a fun review to read, thanks! Its fun to see people actually enjoy caring about what they wear onboard. Last cruise I commented to my husband that some people must have just grabbed their dirty clothes off the floor and threw them in a backpack to wear for the week. Freestyle

Would you recommend one vs the other parking spots you mentioned in Miami? We usually leave our car parked at the hotel we spent the previous night at, then shuttle or taxi to the pier. Last time we couldn't get to the pier via our shuttle, till around noon, and we like to get there earlier. What time did you arrive to board and were you satisfied with the parking lots as far as feeling your car was safe, etc.? Thanks

Would you recommend one vs the other parking spots you mentioned in Miami? We usually leave our car parked at the hotel we spent the previous night at, then shuttle or taxi to the pier. Last time we couldn't get to the pier via our shuttle, till around noon, and we like to get there earlier. What time did you arrive to board and were you satisfied with the parking lots as far as feeling your car was safe, etc.? Thanks

We used Safe Cruise Parking twice now, the other site I mentioned, Park Jockey, was just a booking site. I was happy with the SCP, it's enclosed and is locked up over night. I never saw any vehicles that had been broken into or damaged either. I would use them again next time we cruise from Miami. We arrived maybe 11.30am ish as we had to drive down from further North, but the shuttles from the parking lot begin at either 10 or 10.30am. It's only a few minutes ride to the port, I'd say 10-15 mins max, even going to the various different piers for the different ships.

lara, I'd love to see some of your wedding photos!

Aww, I'm happy to oblige.....

Our ceremony, performed by our friend L, who you may recognise from the Carnival Sunshine cruise where M and I met.

P1010357a_zpsppj9mmfn.jpg

S&M!

P1010412_zps4hkk54gu.jpg

My fabulous family, who know all about these reviews of mine so I'm sure won't mind me sharing this photo

P1010409b_zpsatuwignz.jpg

And of course, SHOES!!!!!

P1010430a_zpsnlzxaln1.jpg

Hmmm, strange, I'll try again....

Our ceremony, performed by our friend L, who you may recognise from the Carnival Sunshine cruise where M and I met.

P1010357a_zpsppj9mmfn.jpg

S&M

P1010412_zps4hkk54gu.jpg

My fabulous family, who know all about these reviews of mine so I'm sure won't mind me sharing this photo

P1010409b_zpsatuwignz.jpg

And of course, SHOES!!!!!

P1010430a_zpsnlzxaln1.jpg

Fantastic review! I like it so much I stopped reading it and tried to start from the beginning with the older reviews haha. Beautiful Wedding Photos! We will be on the Getaway for the first time in October in a Haven Aft Penthouse. Total Newbies we have only cruised Carnival and are excited about this new experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this and ALL your reviews! So very happy for you and your wife on your marriage.

On a personal note, I would love to give M a name. I understand and respect her privacy, I would like to give her something more than just a letter, even if we just make something up!? :D She is too beautiful of a woman just to have a letter, and more importantly she makes you happy so let's identify her with something! Lol.

Of course I am just teasing with this, but I would like to suggest Malayeka which means Angel.

Best regards.

Thanking for sharing Lara, and best wishes for your marriage.

Finding your soul mate is a wonderful way to end the first chapter of your adult life and I am so happy you are including us in the next chapter.

I am sure you will be very successful in your new career in the US, you clearly are very good at communicating, and seem able to empathize with all around you.

Hopefully there are many more trips for you and M, Bon Voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once again, thank you all so very much for the kind comments and well wishes, it's very heartwarming.

Despite all the bitchy, moaning posts here on CC, this is why I love this forum. It feels like a big family and you get to 'meet' and know so many people with a common interest.

Long live Cruise Critic! :D

Hi Lara,

I think that was my favourite review that I have read! You have a great way of telling a story and, of course, I love your fashion photos. I too enjoy dressing up for cruises. I will be on the Getaway in October, although regrettably not in a Haven suite, so this review helped to get me even more excited than I already was. Congratulations on your wedding! You and your wife make a lovely couple. Hope to see you on a future cruise. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

BIG G'day greetings from an Australian fan Lara. Wow I just got around to reading your honeymoon review. I was lucky to be on the inaugural cruise on the Getaway. I loved the ship. I did a solo studio cabin and made many new friends. My next cruise is on the Allure of the Seas on January 22nd 2017. It is a gay charter with Atlantis so perhaps with over 5000 pax I might be as lucky as you to find that special person. I loved you review as I will do the same itinerary so thanks for some great tips on the beaches. OK I love your fashion style also and my favorites for this cruise was your short white sequinned dress with a gold and turquoise pattern and M's beautiful, deep purple gown. You both looked stunning. I wish you both continued happiness and many more fabulous voyages. Cheers.

• 10 months later...

I'm excited for another one of your reviews, and congratulations!!

But.... am I the only person who isn't able to see photos from Photo Bucket anymore? :confused: Is there a secret so that I can see them again? I was under the assumption that no one could see them after a certain date (in June, I think?) unless the owner paid a heavy price for third party hosting, but it looks like others can see the pictures.