QM2 Princes Grill Menu

resistk

Very unpleasant surprise with new Princess Grill Menu, just about everything good is gone, no lamb chops, no filet mignon, or duck daily options. Just a sirloin stead, turbot and some veggie nonsense so far aside from the Britannia and Canyon ranch selections. Essentially, expect a gussied up version of the Britannia. Very very disappointed in Cunard! Paying big money for Britannia cuisine and new carpet.

Well I do hope there's plenty of veggie nonsense!

Potato stuffed ravioli to be exact. So turbot, sirloin steak and ravioli and some rather unappealing appetizers are all that is left of the Price Grill Menu. Will try to post a photo of this weak menu. Hard to believe Cunard Princess Grill cannot match at least the selection of Celebrity or Princess in their regular restaurants.

Potato stuffed ravioli to be exact. So turbot, sirloin steak and ravioli and some rather unappealing appetizers are all that is left of the Price Grill Menu. Will try to post a photo of this weak menu. Hard to believe Cunard Princess Grill cannot match at least the selection of Celebrity or Princess in their regular restaurants.

Wow, or Luminae, Celebrity's new dedicated dining room for passengers in Suites - which is absolutely outstanding.

Wow, or Luminae, Celebrity's new dedicated dining room for passengers in Suites - which is absolutely outstanding.

In May, Luminae was awful for me as a veggie, despite having informed them in advance AND on boarding.

Very unpleasant surprise with new Princess Grill Menu, just about everything good is gone, no lamb chops, no filet mignon, or duck daily options. Just a sirloin stead, turbot and some veggie nonsense so far aside from the Britannia and Canyon ranch selections. Essentially, expect a gussied up version of the Britannia. Very very disappointed in Cunard! Paying big money for Britannia cuisine and new carpet.

I never heard the term "Britannia Cuisine" before. But I was never disappointed with the Cuisine. The selection is excellent. Canyon Ranch has very tasty , healthy selections.

I fail to see any comparison to 3rd class or steerage class to the Britannia

Dinning Room. :confused:

Did you mention this to Stanley? Could he have done this for you off menu?

To get a simple shrimp cocktail now involves a special request to the head waiter. Bottom line - daily ala carte menu which replaces the lamb, chateau briand, filet etc now consists of just 3 items: turbot, sirloin, and ravioli. All the appetizers are gone replaced by a fish soup, scallops and something else. Everything else works on a daily basis. First day's filet mignon was an airline sized piece with two sad shrimp, yesterday was chateau briand which was much better. But I am telling you this is more like Britannia. Why the heck do I have to beg for a shrimp cocktail when I am paying a relatively huge fare? We were told this exciting new menu is a real improvement LOL! Told the maitre that this new menu isn't even close to what is offered everyone on Celebrity and Princess.

Edited by resistk

I never heard the term "Britannia Cuisine" before. But I was never disappointed with the Cuisine. The selection is excellent. Canyon Ranch has very tasty , healthy selections.

I fail to see any comparison to 3rd class or steerage class to the Britannia

Dinning Room. :confused:

Trust me, the grills used to be much better than Britannia. I have eaten in both many times.

Trust me, the grills used to be much better than Britannia. I have eaten in both many times.

I'm sure it is. And the whole experience , but I really enjoy the food in Britannia, and the dinning room is so classic ocean liner beautiful which I prefer

( depending ,If I get a good table , LOL)

To get a simple shrimp cocktail now involves a special request to the head waiter. Bottom line - daily ala carte menu which replaces the lamb, chateau briand, filet etc now consists of just 3 items: turbot, sirloin, and ravioli. All the appetizers are gone replaced by a fish soup, scallops and something else. Everything else works on a daily basis. First day's filet mignon was an airline sized piece with two sad shrimp, yesterday was chateau briand which was much better. But I am telling you this is more like Britannia. Why the heck do I have to beg for a shrimp cocktail when I am paying a relatively huge fare? We were told this exciting new menu is a real improvement LOL! Told the maitre that this new menu isn't even close to what is offered everyone on Celebrity and Princess.

Given a choice of involving "a special request' to be served an old favorite, versus complaining that these were no longer on the menu, you chose the later. :confused:

Beg for a Shrimp Cocktail ?... although shrimp cocktail is not often on the Britannia evening menu, I just ask for it , no begging needed. Same goes for a caesar salad and a dozen or so other requests .

Given a choice of involving "a special request' to be served an old favorite, versus complaining that these were no longer on the menu, you chose the later. :confused:

Dude, a shrimp cocktail, you gotta be kidding. You know what they charge for a P2? I jolly well expect a shrimp cocktail at these prices without having to kiss the Chief waiter's hind end for an "old favorite". Cunard I suspect has managed to cheese off a lot of people with these economies of scale.

We disembarked from the QM2 in New York on July 1, having crossed from Hamburg in Princess Class. Mind you we were quite pleased with the menu and cuisine in Princess. However, I feel the need to warn others on this thread: We met with both the Maitre'd and the Head Waiter and were told that it is no longer possible to order off menu in Princess. They told us that this option has been removed. They held out the possibility that it might come back, but could not make any promises. They did assure us that the off-menu option is still available in Queens. So in Princess you make have to kiss goodbye your shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad if they are not on the menu. Bear in mind that I am simply reporting our very recent experience.

Beg for a Shrimp Cocktail ?... although shrimp cocktail is not often on the Britannia evening menu, I just ask for it , no begging needed. Same goes for a caesar salad and a dozen or so other requests .

I am not in Britannia but the Grills and paying plenty extra for a watered down menu from what it used to be. Tonight we get lamb, which used to be available every night but now only once.

Pure meanness and cheapness on Cunard's part or do you think passengers demanded all the goodies be taken off the Princess Grill daily menu because it was too rich for them and bad for their health?

I'd post a picture of the new menu but the expletive deleted internet is too slow for that on board.

We disembarked from the QM2 in New York on July 1, having crossed from Hamburg in Princess Class. Mind you we were quite pleased with the menu and cuisine in Princess. However, I feel the need to warn others on this thread: We met with both the Maitre'd and the Head Waiter and were told that it is no longer possible to order off menu in Princess. They told us that this option has been removed. They held out the possibility that it might come back, but could not make any promises. They did assure us that the off-menu option is still available in Queens. So in Princess you make have to kiss goodbye your shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad if they are not on the menu. Bear in mind that I am simply reporting our very recent experience.

Exactly correct and the fare is the same. This is a huge rip off by Cunard. Glad I did not book that world cruise as I would be sorely disappointed. Will be looking at Oceania instead.

I hope that people express their disappointment to Cunard.

The Princess Grill dining experience was one of the best we have ever experienced. That being said, we have opted for Britannia Club Guarantee for our 2018 World Cruise because the cost differential between BC and PG is a little too steep for our liking. I would be most upset if I discovered that I was going to be paying that much extra for something that was not available.

Has the PG menu been changed across the fleet?

Well, having just a couple of days ago booked the 26 night Christmas/New Year 2017 voyage for our 40th anniversary - in PG - this is very, very disappointing.

Having travelled both QG & PG in the past, including very recently, and taken advantage of ordering off menu, I feel very strongly this should have been publicised.

As it is, we feel Cunard have accepted our booking under false pretences.

Gill,

I totally agree with you as to Cunard accepting your booking without mentioning the change to the accommodation that you have booked. The dining experience in the Grills is probably the main reason to book either. Princess Grill cabins are not THAT big to justify the extra expense and the balcony is pretty well useless on Transatlantics. Every morning our steward would put the cushions on the lounger and every evening he would hide them behind the draperies. We never used them for the TA portion.

BTW: As an expat fellow Welsh woman, congratulations on the wonderful performance in the Euro 2016. And I cried my way through the entire BBC Radio Wales coverage of the homecoming today. The sounds, the pride, the joy........oh to have been there.

I have just booked PG on QV for my husbands birthday in November and this is the menu that is currently showing on the Cunard site.

So I hope is it honoured.

We certainly enjoyed a fabulous menu when we were PG on the QE last year.

http://www.cunard.com/Documents/Menus/Queen%20Victoria/1/Queen_Victoria_Princess_Grill_A_La_Carte.pdf

I was on the same voyage but didn't make any special requests this time so I was unaware of this change. Correct me if I'm wrong but ordering off menu in PG was never advertised in the past - but wasn't refused either. One of the 14 chefs in the Grills galley has the sole job of handling special requests. I thought the willingness to provide something would have depended on how much demand there was from QG.

(I must be very undiscriminating as I enjoyed the dining on this voyage and you'll be in complete disagreement with much of my review. And since nobody came to the M&G a re-assessment of my contributions here is in order.)

Dude, a shrimp cocktail, you gotta be kidding. You know what they charge for a P2? I jolly well expect a shrimp cocktail at these prices without having to kiss the Chief waiter's hind end for an "old favorite". Cunard I suspect has managed to cheese off a lot of people with these economies of scale.

may expect a beef wellington, lamb chops or guinea fowl and so on. As long as you just to ask for it, I can't see the problem here :confused:

I'm amazed at what a simple inquiry can get even in the Britannia Dining Room. On the QM2 one of my table mates before Christmas asked if there would be Yorkshire pudding on Christmas eve, and was disappointed to hear no. Low and behold, a plate of Yorkshire pudding appeared for him the next day nevertheless. The "real" Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding appeared on the menu several days later.