Grand Suite Questions

Hello all,

My family of 4 will be staying in a Grand Suite for the first time and we are on desk 6 on the Allure. Has anyone that has ever stayed in a Grand Suite on desk 6 thought it was too far from the amenities such as the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen? I was thinking that we could forgo a drink package and just get our waters and sodas from the Lounge, but I wondered if it was a long walk to get there to make it convenient. Thanks for answers in advance.

Depends where your stateroom is on deck 6. You will need to go up to deck 17 to visit the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. If you are near the aft elevators, there won't be much walk at all.

There are only four GS each floor starting on Deck 6. I would try to get higher, just for the view. Deck 6 starts the Balconies. Each lodging deck above this seems to have 4 GS per deck. These cabins a near the middle of the ship so any elevator is convenient to us, but others may think it is a long walk. We don't.

Edited by troykahack

We are in same spot. all the Grand suites on 6 are on the hump. which is 3 steps from the elevator area. We have stayed on deck 8 usually but on 6 this time. great middle of the boat location. close to elevators. close to central park and boardwalk.

its just an elevator ride up to 17 for the suite lounge and CK.

I think it will be great

Edited by minnie00

We are in same spot. all the Grand suites on 6 are on the hump. which is 3 steps from the elevator area. We have stayed on deck 8 usually but on 6 this time. great middle of the boat location. close to elevators. close to central park and boardwalk.

I think it will be great

Great location near the central part of the ship. Higher is a bit better.

I think it will be great

All JS are on the hump. GS are just behind that. EVEN closer to the elevators.

Unless you are in a CLS on deck 17, it'll take an equal amount of time to get up there. Even the stairs from 12 would take longer than an elevator from 6.

• 11 months later...
Hello all,

My family of 4 will be staying in a Grand Suite for the first time and we are on desk 6 on the Allure. Has anyone that has ever stayed in a Grand Suite on desk 6 thought it was too far from the amenities such as the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen? I was thinking that we could forgo a drink package and just get our waters and sodas from the Lounge, but I wondered if it was a long walk to get there to make it convenient. Thanks for answers in advance.

Wondering if you ended up skipping the drink package and just went to the lounge for your complimentary beverages? I'm not a drinker, my husband will have soda and maybe a few beers here and there.

If so were you able to take the drinks (soda, beers, etc) with you out of the lounge area or did you have to consume them there?

We have stayed in OS on 8 & 10. It is a pretty good walk to the SL. I would not forgo a drink package thinking you could just use the SL. It's way to far to go back a forth if you are hanging out at the Suite Sun Deck or want a drink with a hot dog from the Dog House.

We have stayed in OS on 8 & 10. It is a pretty good walk to the SL. I would not forgo a drink package thinking you could just use the SL. It's way to far to go back a forth if you are hanging out at the Suite Sun Deck or want a drink with a hot dog from the Dog House.

You're probably right. Even for my husband to have a soda with lunch he would have to go up to the lounge first and get it. That's silly. I guess I wasn't thinking it all the way through. Thank you for your insight.

You're probably right. Even for my husband to have a soda with lunch he would have to go up to the lounge first and get it. That's silly. I guess I wasn't thinking it all the way through. Thank you for your insight.

No problem, I learned from experience. By the time I got two hot dogs on Boardwalk, went to SL got a beer, walked to suite sun deck; it was time to start over.

• 1 month later...
You can get as many drinks in the lounge as you want...only 3 when you're NOT in the lounge!

Just traded some points for a GS and this will be my first. So, questions arise, of course. Are those 3 drinks outside of the Suite lounge, only between the hours of 5 and 8:30 or is that daily anytime? Thank you! I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Just traded some points for a GS and this will be my first. So' date=' questions arise, of course. Are those 3 drinks outside of the Suite lounge, only between the hours of 5 and 8:30 or is that daily anytime? Thank you! I'm sure I'll have more questions.[/quote']

Voucher drinks are only available during the lounge free drink period.

Welcome to the suite life and make sure you spend time in the suite lounge and eat at Coastal kitchen for dinner.

We make our reservations the first day for when we want.

Also if going to Labadee, just love Barefoot beach.......

Enjoy we do.

Do you get a voucher for free drinks now if you stay in a sweet? When did that start. Don't recall that happening last time we were on the Grandeur in a GS.

ERS

No vouchers for suite guests, unless those suite guests are also Diamond level and above.

I know with D Vouchers you can only get certain drinks' date=' in the Suite Lounge, is it limited drinks also?[/quote']

Yes. In the suite lounge it's pretty much the same restrictions and it's only wine and beer (11am -11pm) outside the cocktail hours.