Suggestions on pre-cruise accommodations for Miami?

Weeziblu

We will be cruising out of Miami for the first time and would love your suggestions for an overnight stay pre-cruise. Our sailing departs on Sunday so we'll fly in on Saturday.

Is it smarter to use the hotels shuttle or a cab or über?

Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at the Hampton in Blue Lagoon which is very close to the Airport. We had a late arrival. They charged 10pp for a shuttle to the cruise port. There was a Publix across the street and several restaurants/ fast food places within walking distance. Breakfast the next morning was included. It wasn't anything special but it was clean, neat and the folks were friendly. (we used points to pay which is why we chose Hampton)

We just got back from the Embassy Suites Miami before our MSC cruise and it was great! There was a nice complimentary happy hour with bar drinks and sodas plus some snacks. A lovely breakfast is also included and you can get omelettes as well! I will be reviewing this hotel on my blog so please check it out! I have reviews of several Carnival ships too-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com

Bayside is nice for touristy shopping and eating and easily walkable to many Cuban cafe's for breakfast.

I can't tell you where you should stay but DON'T stay at YVE it was terrible and so expensive. Not worth the money.

We're going to try the Bayside holiday Inn on our upcoming trip. A third of the price and less butthurt if disappointed!

Have a great trip!

South Beach is also worthwhile. There is lots to see and do, the restaurants and nightlife are fun.

You don't say how many are traveling in your group. Often times the shuttles are a hassle. They need to be prebooked, some have a fee and they often run late. We always prefer a cab. Uber is a good option too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon a few times, it has a lot of fast food and a couple drug stores right there the people are nice and the shuttle is great. I have stayed at Embassy Suites also it was nice. The Hyatt House was nice they do not have a shuttle but was told they could get me a cab, they said it would cost 50 bucks (not true) a cab is like 18.00 and 16.00 if you pay cash, also they will take you to the drug store.

on various sites-heck I think I got it for $100 a couple of years ago. It was pretty easy to compare the amenities of the "secret Hotel" and determine that it was most likely the Intercontinental

Edited by Stallion

We strayed at the Intercontinental last time and enjoyed it. We liked having the ocean view room and watched the ships coming in which was cool.

Our favorite is the Viceroy. Super nice hotel! We liked the area it was in because we could walk around and find things to do but you can't see the ships from there. All depends on what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which hotel?

We are staying at the Hampton Inn - Mary Brickell Downtown for the first time

We have stayed at Colony, Avalon, and The Starlite. All are good and near shops food and plenty of things to do and the beach is across the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holiday inn port of Miami Bayside market right across from the hotel or the intercontinental is also very good

have stayed at both and enjoyed our stays....will be back to holiday inn for our September cruise; mcdonald's up the street and two "drugstores" within walking distance