Early Bird Check-in for Southwest Airlines

sharkaymon

Last time I flew SW when it was family boarding time the announcement said for just the immediate family to board together. They did say for the grands and aunts and uncles to wait until their boarding number though.

This makes a lot more sense that it be the immediate family like mom, dad and toddler...quicker and easier. I guess not many on these boards has tried to carry (lift) a carseat through the narrow aisle while trying to herd a 3 year old...and yes children do need to travel too ;)

Hey, I was just stating what the WN website has regarding boarding...

Children may have to travel - that is why there is WN. And that is why I don't fly WN - too many people try to game the system on WN just to get on board outside of their assigned numbers due to the festival seating. How do single parents travel??? If they can do it, surely one parent can do the 5 minutes of boarding solo with a child while the other parent waits for their boarding number with the rest of the stuff...

Hey, I was just stating what the WN website has regarding boarding...

Children may have to travel - that is why there is WN. And that is why I don't fly WN - too many people try to game the system on WN just to get on board outside of their assigned numbers due to the festival seating. How do single parents travel??? If they can do it, surely one parent can do the 5 minutes of boarding solo with a child while the other parent waits for their boarding number with the rest of the stuff...

Yes.....Children "may" indeed "have" to travel. But I doubt that 's why there's WN. Haven't yet flown WN with our toddler (grandchild) as we usually fly AS, Jet Blue, AA and of course our favorite DL...but considering WN for our next cruise. We're hardly the people that try to game the system or that would..even when he could of flown inlap we have always chosen to purchase a seat for him...and thus the carseat experience...but thanks for your opinion.

I always purchase EB for both my husband and I when we fly SW. Flying is stressful for me, so anything that can help ease my stress is worth paying the small amount of money. I also don't believe in saving seats and would never try to cheat the system by purchasing it for just one of us.

Of course, as it turns out, on our recent trip home from FLL I pretty much ended up purchasing EB for nothing. On the second leg of our B2B my husband fell down some stairs on the ship and ended up tearing his quadriceps tendon right off his knee. SW was kind enough to let us have priority boarding so we could get the front row, which he needed for the leg room. I'm actually glad SW has open seating because I don't know how he would have managed having to sit in any other row.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12