Keep an eye on your C&A account

Keep an eye on your C&A account. An address change was made without any action on my part.

Here is the long version of what happened. Our last Royal Caribbean cruise was last November, and everything was correct at that time. Fast forward to July, and we booked our first Celebrity cruise. I called Celebrity's Captain's Club to get Captain's Club numbers so we would have the equivalent tier for our cruise. When I set up the My Celebrity account, I noticed the address was incorrect.

At first, I thought it was a computer glitch, because the street listed was the same street my daughter lived on in our city. Since we list her as an emergency contact, I thought that was a possibility. However, when I checked the street number listed, it is for an individual with the same last name as ours, but his first name is Marco, and not mine.

I then pulled up my C&A account, and the address was incorrect there also. The zip plus 4 field had also been changed.

Anyone ever have this happen? I will be in touch with C&A to see what they say. Not sure what kind of problems that could create if not caught.

Will update with what I find out.:confused:

... Anyone ever have this happen? I will be in touch with C&A to see what they say. Not sure what kind of problems that could create if not caught....

I've not had exactly that problem, but I have had the Celebrity info override the Royal info in the past. Somehow the Celebrity info had my birthday wrong, and that got loaded into C&A, which caused other problems. I was able to get it fixed with a long phone call to a very helpful C&A person.

Keep an eye on your C&A account. An address change was made without any action on my part.

Anyone ever have this happen? I will be in touch with C&A to see what they say. Not sure what kind of problems that could create if not caught.

Will update with what I find out.:confused:

YES, Celebrity had 9 different addresses for me last year. Some were in states I have visited but never lived in. Others were FL addresses but only one had been a prior address (15) years ago. Took more than one phone call to Celebrity to get it taken care of. Nightmare.

It is to early to do cruise planner for my RCCL cruise so don't know if their system will be correct or not. Correct information is on reservations. Time will tell.

I had stopped getting emails for a while and asked why. When the D+ desk checked my email address had changed to a Brazilian one?? Never been to Brazil. I do have a friend from Brazil but at the time they had never cruised so no way that would figure in!! I check my account on both X and Rccl at least once a month.

Mine has picked up the address of a friend with whom I was sharing a cabin. Then my daughter's number was completely different. I read her the number off of the card I had from when first signing up the family years ago. Now the number on her card is assigned to someone else. Her account had all of her cruises in it, but has a different number.

The same thing happened to me. I was wondering why I was getting emails in a foreign language. Just before I booked a cruise a few weeks ago, I checked my account profile and saw my address had been changed to some place in Sweden!