Someone said that cruising from Galveston means the ship will be full of partiers...

Carleeb12

We were on the Magic out of Galveston last summer, we are in our early 50's, had our 15 YO with us and we didn't notice any "partiers". Folks were having a good time but nothing outrageous.

I have to say, Texans are the BEST! So friendly, well mannered and just plain nice!

I wanted to sail the Breeze this summer but DH wanted to go to Alaska again.:(

You'll have fun, enjoy your cruise!

When we took our cruise last year out of Galveston, we were on the Carnival Magic and it was pack. The reason why it was packed because it was my spring break and spring break for their students in Texas and its neighboring states. We did have a great time and the crowd wasn't a bother. The pool decks were crowded though.

My advice to you, port days are the best to go the bars, pools, etc bc a lot of ppl are off the ship.

I have to say, Texans are the BEST! So friendly, well mannered and just plain nice!

I wanted to sail the Breeze this summer but DH wanted to go to Alaska again.:(

You'll have fun, enjoy your cruise!

That's cause our Mamas done raised us right.:D For the most part anyway...

what are partyers? And why is it a considered a derogatory term? Is there a specific age where one no longer parties? Why can't senior citizens enjoy Partying? Does it mean if you are enjoying yourself, having a drink, dancing the night away that you are doing something despicable? Isn't cruising both about energy and relaxation...or are we destined to choose one over the other? And at what age are we inclined to to stop letting our hair down on vacation and toeing the "senile" frame of reference?

So many questions.

I love the "someone said..." , "I heard..." , "I read..." , etc etc etc threads. They always come across to me as a lets get some crap started type of thread as the OP's never actually say were they heard, read or who told them this stuff. :rolleyes:

(not bashing this particular OP...just in general as these type of threads pop up all the time across this website.)

what are partyers? And why is it a considered a derogatory term? Is there a specific age where one no longer parties? Why can't senior citizens enjoy Partying? Does it mean if you are enjoying yourself, having a drink, dancing the night away that you are doing something despicable? Isn't cruising both about energy and relaxation...or are we destined to choose one over the other? And at what age are we inclined to to stop letting our hair down on vacation and toeing the "senile" frame of reference?

So many questions.

This is exactly what I was thinking. When my DH and I took our first cruise it was out of Long Beach, CA and I was just 30, he was 34. We had made plans to meet some people from our CC Roll Call and sure glad we did. They were ALL senior citizens but were partying like rock stars. BEST bunch of people I've ever met. Most were more than double our age and could party harder than we could. lol. Learned a lot from that group, most were platinum and diamond, and it was our first cruise. Again, AMAZING people. The difference on the partying scene is they've done enough partying to still be able to keep their composure and not being falling down drunk. Regardless of age, its about knowing your limits and how to enjoy the party.:cool:

Is this true? We are sailing out of Galveston for the first time and taking a few senior citizen first-time cruisers. Hoping we chose a good cruise to introduce them to cruising. Now I'm nervous

I have seen plenty of senior citizens on Carnival ships leaving Galveston and New Orleans. You will have nothing to worry about. There will be partiers on every ship but I have never seen anything over the top offensive.

We have sailed from NO, Mobile, Miami and Galveston. Galveston is by far our favorite. The people are great, the town easy to navigate and the port is pretty effecient. Sailed 5 and 7 nighters and we had no problems with partiers. Spring Break and short cruises draw the party crowd. As a whole, Galveston is no different than the other ports when it comes to party animals.

Are you not supposed to party on a Carnival cruise?

Heck, all of those commercials were misleading?!?

Honestly, it's a vacation. People aren't going on a cruise to sulk in their cabins. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise, it's what you make it!

Like any other port, the ship will be full of people who have worked hard and deserve a great vacation. The great thing about CCL is there is something for everyone. If you like happening scenes with music and lots of others who are having fun there are places for that. If you prefer quite and a good book there are spaces for that too.

In the 6 cruises we have taken out of Galvaston there have never been a problem (well, chair hogs maybe but I understand that's universal) with unruliness. No one pressures you to participate and I have never seen anything unseemly which required covering my teen's eyes.

Yes, the majority of passengers will most likely be Texans but that just means they were raised proper and know how to have a good time!

Are you not supposed to party on a Carnival cruise?

Heck, all of those commercials were misleading?!?

Honestly, it's a vacation. People aren't going on a cruise to sulk in their cabins. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise, it's what you make it!

Exactly :rolleyes: Focus on yourself and let other people enjoy their vacation.

Only ones you have to worry about are the ones from out of state. Texas folks tend to be well mannered.

Having sailed on the Magic, out of Galveston, I have to say: We are not partiers just because we are out of staters. :cool:

To the OP...our cruise was not full of partiers. Go and have fun!

Is this true? We are sailing out of Galveston for the first time and taking a few senior citizen first-time cruisers. Hoping we chose a good cruise to introduce them to cruising. Now I'm nervous

I am in my late 60s - wife is a bit younger and we always travel with our teenage grandson. We have sailed at all times of the year, and all except a few were from Galveston. I have never noticed any obnoxious, drunken behavior on the ships. Nobody rolling around on the deck sick to their stomach, etc. There is the hairychest contest but that is another subject lol. There are some conga lines and party type things on the Lido deck at night but they don't bother me, and sometimes I go watch. On the other hand, I have never gone on a 4 or 5 day cruise, which I have heard are a bit more " partyish". I think your guests will have a terrific time.

Only ones you have to worry about are the ones from out of state. Texas folks tend to be well mannered.

:p

Funny we Arkansas people think all the Texas people are rude I guess it all just depends on where you come from. :p:p. We are fixing to take our fifth cruise from Galveston and have never had a problem. Have fun.