200 onboard credit offer?

This Early Saver Onboard Credit Sale Rate Includes

Up to $200 per room to spend onboard when you pay in full at time of booking

Choose your room location

Price Protection

Sale ends July 15, 2016 EDT

Great vacation Guarantee

Disclaimer

Onboard Credit offer is non-transferable and is provided as a non-refundable onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account of up to $100 per person and up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom. Onboard Credit may not be applied to cruise fare or Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. Future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. No name changes are allowed. Offer is applicable on sailings between September 2016 and April 2018. Offer ends on July 15, 2016 EDT. Click here for complete terms and conditions

I do not see this on the website don't know where to start

We are saying on Oct 2

HELP!!

https://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Check using the fare viewer

These are the dates I see on fareviewer that are elegible.

Book Early Saver rates and get up to $200 per room to spend on board when you pay in full at time of booking on sailings between January 2017 and April 2018.

Edited by EmmasNana

I have some questions about this promotion and I'm sure I can get more correct answers here than I can on the phone to Carnival. ;) I am new to Carnival and inadvertently booked ES. I've learned a lot about this program on CC since booking. Thanks for all of the info, everyone!!

I am booked ES for January and the cruise is paid in full due to CCL gift cards. Some of my price reductions have been given in OBC since they came after I paid in full. Will the $200 OBC offered here be added to what I have since my current OBC is from fare reductions and not other OBC offers? Or will I lose the OBC I already have?

And if the fare goes down again, I will lose the $200 from this offer, correct?

TIA!

I have some questions about this promotion and I'm sure I can get more correct answers here than I can on the phone to Carnival. ;) I am new to Carnival and inadvertently booked ES. I've learned a lot about this program on CC since booking. Thanks for all of the info, everyone!!

I am booked ES for January and the cruise is paid in full due to CCL gift cards. Some of my price reductions have been given in OBC since they came after I paid in full. Will the $200 OBC offered here be added to what I have since my current OBC is from fare reductions and not other OBC offers? Or will I lose the OBC I already have?

TIA!

It's my understanding (and I'm kind of new to this myself, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong), that you will lose this $200 if you go for another sale. And make sure that's it's actually $200. Mine wasn't.

I don't know the answer to your question about the OBC you already have.

TIA!

No, you will lose it because it is not the same offer as you previously had. what you need to do is price it out, see if it saves you money with the 200 obc because sometimes the cruise price itself goes up and it will based on the new fare.

I assume that it's based on category of room. That's usually how these things work. I have an interior porthole room. I bet that if I had a suite then it would have been the full amount.

It may depend on the sailing because I have a 4j interior and got the full $200.

TIA!

My January cruise was already paid off and I have $40. already from 2 previous price drops. I kept the $40 and got the $200 offer. The price for my cruise hadn't changed since the last price drop so the $40 stayed, now have confirmation of $240 total. To claim further price drops though it would have to go down more than $200 to make it worth it to change.

Definitely worth a happy dance.

TIA!

If the price of your cabin now is the same as what it was before your last price drop and you are already paid in full, you can apply for this promo and get the $200. At that point, you would have all of your current OBC and this one. There's no reason why you should lose the OBC you already accumulated from price drops. I would call.

I tried for it. We booked early saver and paid in full for a January 2017 cruise. They refused me because our category (corner aft) is sold out.

It's only $200.00 but still I'm not happy with Carnival.

Price Protection

Great vacation Guarantee

Disclaimer

Onboard Credit offer is non-transferable and is provided as a non-refundable onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account of up to $100 per person and up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom. Onboard Credit may not be applied to cruise fare or Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. All cancellations that occur prior to the final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in US dollars in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. Future cruise credit must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. No name changes are allowed. Offer is applicable on sailings between September 2016 and April 2018. Offer ends on July 15, 2016 EDT. Click here for complete terms and conditions

When I click on the terms and conditions of the fare on the website the wording is different. It does not say "the deposit less a $50pp service fee" like it does on the regular ES. It says there is a $50pp service fee and the remaining funds are held as a credit for a future cruise. That would mean the whole cruise fare less $50pp. Considering we are on an 8 day cruise that is a whole lot more than the $200pp we would have held under the regular ES. I really don't like having close to $2000 held as a credit for a future cruise. At least that is how I am reading it. I guess I should call and find out if that is the case.

When I click on the terms and conditions of the fare on the website the wording is different. It does not say "the deposit less a $50pp service fee" like it does on the regular ES. It says there is a $50pp service fee and the remaining funds are held as a credit for a future cruise. That would mean the whole cruise fare less $50pp. Considering we are on an 8 day cruise that is a whole lot more than the $200pp we would have held under the regular ES. I really don't like having close to $2000 held as a credit for a future cruise. At least that is how I am reading it. I guess I should call and find out if that is the case.

I'm interested to see what the answer to this is. After I paid in full, when I clicked my cancellation fee on my booking, it was nearly the whole amount. (A little over 80%). Would I lose that whole amount if I canceled or would it be future cruise credit?

I'm interested to see what the answer to this is. After I paid in full, when I clicked my cancellation fee on my booking, it was nearly the whole amount. (A little over 80%). Would I lose that whole amount if I canceled or would it be future cruise credit?

That cancel button is confusing. So long as you were to cancel before your actual final payment date, you will lose $50pp on an ES booking. Everything else is held as a future cruise credit to be used within 24 months. Once past the final payment due date, you lose money on the same sliding scale as any other rate with Carnival. So if you pay off a cruise early then cancel, they're keeping the entire cruise fare to use towards a future cruise less $50pp. You don't actually get a refund of your money - hence why that button can be confusing when you click on it.

That cancel button is confusing. So long as you were to cancel before your actual final payment date, you will lose $50pp on an ES booking. Everything else is held as a future cruise credit to be used within 24 months. Once past the final payment due date, you lose money on the same sliding scale as any other rate with Carnival. So if you pay off a cruise early then cancel, they're keeping the entire cruise fare to use towards a future cruise less $50pp. You don't actually get a refund of your money - hence why that button can be confusing when you click on it.

Thanks for the explanation! Makes me feel a lot better. Future cruise credit is fine with me, not that I plan on canceling.

So I am seeing a 200 onboard credit offer if booked and paid in full by 7/15.

But when I click on this deal to see the dates.. my screen just flickers and keeps loading and unloading the page....

Anyone else having this problem? Is this a VIP offer or is it available to anyone?

It's not on all cruises.

I looked into that, too. But right now for our sailing there's an early saver combined with a past guest rate that is about $170 cheaper per cabin and you get $50 OBC, so it ends up being a better deal by $20. Did you check to see if your booking has that deal?

I assume that it's based on category of room. That's usually how these things work. I have an interior porthole room. I bet that if I had a suite then it would have been the full amount.

I have a interior porthole and got the 200$... it's a 7 day cruise and we are 3.

It may depend on the sailing because I have a 4j interior and got the full $200.

I think you're right. I did a couple of mock bookings and even the grand suite only qualified for $100 on this sailing. Darn. I was hoping that I could upgrade to an OV and save some more money. Maybe next time.

Edited by Sugaree5335

Price Protection

Great vacation Guarantee

Disclaimer

They changed the eligible dates to January 2017. 😞