Tracy Arm

whitedog

I'd call and inquire directly of Allen Marine, especially if on a HAL add on Tracy Arm tour. Those may be going to Tracy Arm?? But the add on tours of the other lines will all be going to where the cruise ship goes.

Allen Marine has less time on their Tracy Arm round trip independent trips. A big negative right now with the ice, so, again, call and ask, where they have been going and how often they are getting there?

I was on Adventure Bound in May- and the ice was packed the entire 30 miles of Tracy Arm. I have never seen this situation in probably around 20 trips there. :) If I'd had a Rip Van Winkle nap- I'd of though I was at Columbia Glacier. :)

Wanted to share a few photos, as we cruised into Tracy Arm on July 10th (Uncruise-Adventures, Wilderness Discoverer - 76 passenger vessel). Our itinerary from Juneau to Ketchikan called for a visit to Endicott / Dawes Glacier, but our Captain said he heard he might be able to get into Tracy Arm.

We were able to get to Sawyer Glacier (also called North Sawyer), where the crew dropped the skiffs and we were able to get up close to the glacier face.

This first photo shows the ice as we approached Sawyer Glacier:

tracyarm7-10-2016-2-M.jpg

The ice cleared a couple of miles in front of the Glacier:

tracyarm7-10-2016-3-M.jpg

After lunch, we spent a couple hours working our way towards South Sawyer Glacier, but finally turned back due to the large amount of ice.

tracyarm7-10-2016-4-M.jpg

Wanted to share a few photos, as we cruised into Tracy Arm on July 10th (Uncruise-Adventures, Wilderness Discoverer - 76 passenger vessel). Our itinerary from Juneau to Ketchikan called for a visit to Endicott / Dawes Glacier, but our Captain said he heard he might be able to get into Tracy Arm.

We were able to get to Sawyer Glacier (also called North Sawyer), where the crew dropped the skiffs and we were able to get up close to the glacier face.

This first photo shows the ice as we approached Sawyer Glacier:

tracyarm7-10-2016-3-M.jpg

After lunch, we spent a couple hours working our way towards South Sawyer Glacier, but finally turned back due to the large amount of ice.

tracyarm7-10-2016-4-M.jpg

Great pictures! We were there 7/3 and the view was amazing then too!

Stunning!