We don't leave on our cruise until April, when should we check in?

Carleeb12

check-in but don't print your cruise docs (boarding passes, luggage tags etc) until you are sure you got everything.

I've printed mine 3 times now - the first time the day I booked because I was excited and didn't know any better even though I booked a guarantee room and didn't even have my room assignment yet. The 2nd time was when I did get my room assignment and the third time was after I decided to get Faster to the Fun. Wanted to make sure the FTTF logo was on everything.

8 days to go and I THINK i'm done printing now lol. But I've been checked-in since March. The good news is if anything does change between now and sailing, it's really easy to reprint or change things.

Oh wait - I just remembered when I checked in at booking I gave them our birth certificate info. Since then we've gotten passports and I changed the online check-in to our passport info. Would that change any cruise docs? Maybe I will print them one more time lol....

Can you change your check-in time if needs be? I would like to reserve the early spot, but there's a chance travel plans could change that. Also, will reserving my spot make me ineligible for future discounts or anything? We don't have to pay in full until Jan 17.

You are way over thinking the selection of check-in time slot

You can always check-in later than the time you selected (but not earlier)

There are no negatives to doing the online check-in early. doesn't affect price adjustments, final payment or anything other than what time you can enter the terminal.

Can you change your check-in time if needs be? I would like to reserve the early spot, but there's a chance travel plans could change that. Also, will reserving my spot make me ineligible for future discounts or anything? We don't have to pay in full until Jan 17.

Selecting a check in time has no effect on anything you have listed, just what time you want to get to the port. Yes, you can change your time if your plans change, provided the time slot you want is not full.

Edited by dacsmom

Can we check in now? Is there a downside to checking in this early?

Wow, I don't think I could sit in the terminal for 8 months..... :-)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Edited by Raxter54

I booked in April 2016, for a cruise in Dec 2016....and I did my online check-in the day after booking! However, I haven't printed any documents yet. I will only do that a couple of weeks before the cruise, to make sure all my purchases and payments are reflected on the invoice.

The only benefit I see to early online check-in is to be able to choose the earliest possible physical check-in time. However...if you purchase FTTF, or if you have a suite, or higher status like platinum, there's no benefit at all!

Go ahead and check in now so you can get an early check in time. With the early time, you're free to embark anytime after your check in time, but with a later time, you're locked into a later time. Checking in has no affect on possible future discounts.

Can we check in now? Is there a downside to checking in this early?

I usually do online check in as soon as I have my travel details finalized. Since you need to enter flight times, pre-cruise hotel, etc. when you check in online, it helps to have that information. You can always go back in and edit the check in later if your travel plans change.

We are sailing in April and don't have no choice for check in time out of Miami.

Are you sailing the Vista? We have her booked for Dec, 2017 and have not yet seen 'check-in' time option. Read somewhere that once it comes to US, they'll update the web site.

We do the online check-in as soon as possible. Usually as soon as the deposit is made.

Why, you ask? It forces us to pull out our passports early enough that if one is misplaced or expiration date is not within the acceptable range for a travel port, we have plenty of time to search for it or have it replaced.

We don't want to wait until the countdown is very close to departure to find out we dropped a passport on the way home from last year's cruise.

(Not to mention that early checkin adds to the excitment that you have a cruise booked.)