Debark Civitavecchia

shoreboy

I says on our Refection cruise when we reach Civitavecchia "5:00AM". Does that mean that we can walk off at 5:00AM or does the ship have to be cleared.

In other words, what is the earliest we can get off the ship?

Have an early flight.

Thanks

We also booked a private transfer (RomeCabs) who we have used on 3 trips. Fantastic company. Our driver was there waiting for us with a sign when we walked off the ship at 7:00am. We had an early flight but made it to airport with plenty of time to spare.

Easy and no worries.

On our next cruise I booked a car for 8am pickup at the Civitavecchia to take us to FCO for a 11:45 flight.

I would give yourself more time than that. For a flight to the U.S. you have to check into a different terminal, with 3-4 screenings/security/luggage/boarding passes, then bussed to another terminal to catch your flight. There, you may also have to board a bus to take you to your flight on the tarmac. I would say a minimum of 3 hours for a U.S. flight. For domestic flight within the EU, 2 hours should suffice.

Another happy Romecabs customer. Off the ship by 6.50am . Picked up luggage and outside at 7am. Taxi waiting and at FCO before 8 . Plenty of time for 11.15am flight to Dublin. In FCO I did notice that long way to walk from check in desks to gates and check in was very very slow! Luckily we were about 3rd in queue so got through quickly enough.

I would give yourself more time than that. For a flight to the U.S. you have to check into a different terminal, with 3-4 screenings/security/luggage/boarding passes, then bussed to another terminal to catch your flight. There, you may also have to board a bus to take you to your flight on the tarmac. I would say a minimum of 3 hours for a U.S. flight. For domestic flight within the EU, 2 hours should suffice.

Thanks, Wine-O. We are going to London for a week on BA flying Club Europe. Before flight back to Seattle. Not sure if Club Europe will help through the lines. Wine-O what do you think? If I remember right we can not check in more that 3 hours ahead.