Personal music and chair hogs

pretzellover

I will "see" your Guy Lombardo and "raise" you some Luciano Pavarotti.. an particular favorite on a long drive.

Donna

I will double raise your Pavarotti with some Florence Foster Jenkins. Top that. LOL!!

DPN

I don't mind classical music.

Of course MY playlist is the perfect one. It ranges from Patsy Cline, and Willy Nelson singing the Gershwin Songbooks, up through Barbara Streisand to Il Volo and Andrea Bocelli, with some Michael Ball thrown in for good measure.

....which might be a preferable selection and taste in music to you, but if you played it loudly around other people you would be disturbing them as well - just as with anyone else's other personal choice played loudly.

IMO doing anything loudly or without consideration to others in a public setting is in poor taste.

Out of all my experiences only once did we notice large numbers of people with Bluetooth speakers listening to music at the pool deck and most of them had it low enough where only people in that small area could hear it, typically just the family surrounding the speaker itself. Only once did I find it 'obnoxiously' loud. Harmony has been the only Cruise where we noticed speakers

Also, the people with the loudspeaker are the ones that were also the worst offenders at chair hogging. Trying to tell me they had a group of seventeen!! but only two of them were currently there. So me and my friend laid out... leaving them 13 Empty Chairs still, and yet they acted like I was the worst person in the world for using their chair.

For the entire two hours we were using their chairs. No one ever came up the claim them and the other two actually left before the rest of the party showed up. So I made a snarky comment about being so glad all those chairs went to waste. And then they were quick to snap back so I returned the favor and went on enjoying my vacation while others in the immediate area who had witnessed both events gave a slight chuckle.