Enchantment OTS in Nassau

Am I reading the itinerary correctly, and the ship will be in Nassau from 8AM until midnight during the 8/01 cruise?

If so, any suggestions on what to do in the evening? I've never been on a cruise where the ship was at a port all day like this.

We were there (years ago) from 8 am until 2am.....it was 'formal" night, so we spent the day ashore, went back to the ship, dressed up, ate, and then headed to Atlantis to gamble, still dressed in our formal wear! It was fun!

Edited by cb at sea

We were on Enchantment two years ago and it stayed until midnight. We're not big fans of Nassau, but the added treat was it was their independence day the next day so at the stroke of midnight - just as we were pulling out - they started shooting off fireworks.

Am I reading the itinerary correctly, and the ship will be in Nassau from 8AM until midnight during the 8/01 cruise?

If so, any suggestions on what to do in the evening? I've never been on a cruise where the ship was at a port all day like this.

We have done the day pass at the British Colonial Hilton.. FABULOUS

Most of the shops will be closed around 5pm...but the bars/restaurants will be open. There are a few within sight of the ship.

Also, there is usually more onboard activities on the pool deck as they do a sail away party.

at one time they used to do a big buffet on the pool deck but pretty sure they have stopped that now.

I have been on Enchantment when she stayed in port all night and had a blast with some of the crew at a nightclub in Nassau.

it's all what you make it right?!