Just off the Grandeur 9 day Bermuda&Bahamas! Any questions?

CD was Bill Brunkhorst who left the ship the same day we returned to Baltimore. He was pleasant but very low key. We are fairly frequent Grandeur passengers and enjoy a livelier CD and activities staff, very important on this smaller, older ship. What made this cruise really great were calm seas and spectacular weather, not always the norm for. Bermuda sailing. Hope we have an energetic CD on our next two Grandeur cruises.

Bill Brunkhorst boarded GR in Baltimore the same morning we did in June. He was called back from vacation in the Philippines for emergency duty as the Blair's had to go to Anthem as Anthem had an emergency with their injured CD Abe Hughes.

Had the opportunity to talk with Bill often. Nice guy, knows his stuff, was great to meet him. He's just not one that carries a big ego. Pretty much tends to business and gets the job done. Would love to sail with him again.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

IMG_1469133712.883802.jpg.cbd101d1f15636ce18b73debde64e543.jpg

These two were part of the production staff.

IMG_1469133743.687154.jpg.36416de8327876e6d556b9b505c14150.jpg

These guys were in the centrum daily and played a big variety of music a depending on the day and time.

IMG_1469133848.900962.jpg.a2630a638c56ae23a9f1e2a9c3535e80.jpg

These ladies played classical music with no vocals. Piano and violin. They were very good.

The LA Tenors were one of the shows in the Palladium Theater and they were great but I don't have good photos.

I never was in the Schooner Bar when (or if) anyone played the piano there so I don't know about that.

Just off a 5 day.

Drink cards, $89.95 on day 4. Menus seemed the same as last year. Doug is the piano player in the Schooner, was very good. Drink packages on board were 67/59/45. Boarding was easy, a little line at the elevators, but if you are willing/able to do stairs, it is quicker than when using the old gangway.

For the 9 day the photo package before the cruise was $250 and $300 on the ship. I believe it included the prints and the dvd cruise in review.

Our bed was definitely firm but we prefer it that way. I was comfortable.

How was the bedding, heard lot of complaints about how hard the mattresses were.

No complaints from me. They were comfortable, I slept well every night. I've heard you can ask your room steward for a mattress topper pad if you find the mattress uncomfortable.

We are looking at Grandeur for 2018. Can you tell me about the Centrum' date=' shops and cafe? Thank you.[/quote']

The Grandeur is supposed to go for a refurbishment in early 2017.. I don't know what/if the shops will be updated/different by then.

• 4 weeks later...
Stayed in a Royal Family Suite room 8084. Ship was in good condition considering her age. Service was outstanding. Best service on any cruise I've been on. The overnight in Bermuda is the best. Nassau is the worst... Coco Cay was lovely, but it's not Half Moon Cay.

Ask me any questions you have! I'll answer them the best I can!

Does the Grandeur of the seas have stabilizers.We will be sailing on a eleven night cruise 1/3/17.Smallest and oldest Ship we ever sailed on.

Does the Grandeur of the seas have stabilizers.We will be sailing on a eleven night cruise 1/3/17.Smallest and oldest Ship we ever sailed on.

Yes it has stabilizers. We've had smooth sailings and ones where we had a rocky day or two just like any other ship. We love GR and have missed sailing on her.

Does anyone know if they are serving sparkling wine and Bellini's at the daily breakfast for Diamond class and above? Celebrity does this and I was told RCL might start doing it also. I love Bellini's in the morning.

J

Edited by CujoK

Does anyone know if they are serving sparkling wine and Bellini's at the daily breakfast for Diamond class and above? Celebrity does this and I was told RCL might start doing it also. I love Bellini's in the morning.

J

Possibly for suites and Pinnacle breakfast, we saw that on Vision. Unlinkely for Diamond and Diamond Plus.