Just off the Grandeur 9 day Bermuda&Bahamas! Any questions?

Stayed in a Royal Family Suite room 8084. Ship was in good condition considering her age. Service was outstanding. Best service on any cruise I've been on. The overnight in Bermuda is the best. Nassau is the worst... Coco Cay was lovely, but it's not Half Moon Cay.

Ask me any questions you have! I'll answer them the best I can!

Going on same cruise in August. Are there any "theme" nights for passengers?

ex: White Night (everyone wears something white), seventies disco night, etc?

Were there any at sea days where they prepared/served special food on pool side? did you happen to notice if pools are available for late night swimming or are pools drained and cleaned at nights? Thanks

Going on same cruise in August. Are there any "theme" nights for passengers?

ex: White Night (everyone wears something white), seventies disco night, etc?

Were there any at sea days where they prepared/served special food on pool side? did you happen to notice if pools are available for late night swimming or are pools drained and cleaned at nights? Thanks

There was the 70's night towards the end of the cruise in the centrum. There was also a bbq poolside one of the sea days, but it's not every sea day. There's at least one pool and a few hot tubs open 24 hours.

We are on it on Thursdays........did you enjoy it? What's the highlight.....

Are there any must do shows?

I didn't go to any shows.. I'm not a "show person"... And I found the people swinging in the Centrum kind of corny... That's just my opinion. However, the service was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. If there were any issues, they were resolved quickly. For instance, one night in the dining room, the offered a special for the filet mignon from Chops Grill for $10. I ordered mine medium, but it was cooked very rare when I received it. The maitre'd came over and told me I wouldn't be charged for it.

Bermuda is simply beautiful... The overnight stay is great! Also in Coco Cay I HIGHLY recommend a cabana!

We will be in that same cabin on a 5 night cruise in September. I just started a thread looking for suggestions about which venue would be best for a group of 9 of us to celebrate a 70th birthday. If the room were fairly quiet, it would be a plus.

Thanks for your help.

We are going on this same itinerary Thursday. [it feels great to type that]

Were there plenty of buses and taxi cabs in Bermuda. I have read that is a problem.

Yes. There were plenty of buses, vans, and taxis. We were the only ship in port until the Norwegian Dawn came the second day.

We do love this ship and the service and crew is great every time we cruise on her. I heard they are changing the menus can you tell me if they have changed them on the ship.

I'm not familiar with the different menus, I'm sorry. But I felt the food was very good!

We will be in that same cabin on a 5 night cruise in September. I just started a thread looking for suggestions about which venue would be best for a group of 9 of us to celebrate a 70th birthday. If the room were fairly quiet, it would be a plus.

Thanks for your help.

It'd be perfect for that! It's very quiet and private. It's below the spa, so no noise from above. However, there were some days when there was a strong smell of diesel. I was told it was because of the location of the funnel and win directions. It happened only twice. Also, the living room can get very warm when the sun is shining on the windows. Those were minor inconveniences. The room was great and roomy. It sleeps up to 8 people, so there's plenty of room for 9 to hang out and celebrate. Especially on the large balcony! 4 lounge chairs and a table with 5 chairs!

Any change in the boarding ramp? Is a new one up and working OR did you board at ground level? Thanks, many want to know.

R&D

We boarded at ground level. Very easy and no inconvenience at all.

Now that John Blair is gone, who is current cruise director?

To be honest, I don't know if it was just me, but I never saw the cruise director once. I'm not saying it's his fault, but our paths just didn't cross. I don't recall who it was.

IMG_1468973943.813235.jpg.20e84d6d675582e3ed6e7fdf6e784e61.jpg

This is the current cruise director on the right with the hotel manager on the left. I'm horrible with names but I was on the same cruise. I'm going to try to put together a review but I've never done one before.