What's your favorite item on the buffet?

gatorphin

Aside from the obvious Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana tacos, Tandoor and Mongolian Wok I love the Shrimp and chorizo rice pilaf, chicken parmesan, the carved turkey breast is the moistest ever, the caribbean pepper pot, embarkation day strawberry cake pops and tiramisu cheesecake, the empanadas, the potato salad and some other things I can't remember right now.

Edited by TheTravelista

fresh cut pineapple :D

Oh yeah!

I also enjoy the sectioned oranges aqnd grapefruit in the morning.

The oatmeal is also usually good.

Sometimes there is a thing called an apple something that is baked with apples and something like pastry cream inside. It looks kind of like a cake. Whatever it is I like it. Sometimes it is partially frozen, which is not a good thing.

Edited by mzloolue

OK, a little different take:

ALWAYS get, on boarding, the pastrami/corned beef from the deli - it's to die for.

We get room service coffee, fruit & danish every day to start the day on our balcony and go to the MDR for breakfast after. Then we can get whatever we want, fresh, hot, without waiting in line (also, a Bloody Mary because Cheers, lol). Lunch is the various buffet venues, Wok, Guys, Pizza, Tacos, seafood and regular buffet. Dinner is always in the MDR. Don't do dessert too much, but have soft serve once in awhile and Napoleons whenever they're offered.

On Celebrity, many years ago, I got the corned beef hash every day on the buffet. I LOVE it. However, I couldn't understand why my feet were so swollen towards the end of the cruise till DH pointed out that corned beef was very salty! I now limit my corned beef hash intake.

Edited by patrice1

Anything, I love everything when I cruise. My favorite is the pizza, dessert, the Asian wok food is great, guys burgers (anyone else wont go on a carnival cruise ship without a Guys?), burrito and just about anything.

My arties sure don't like it when I cruise, neither does my cholesterol. Has anyone else noticed that just about every item each one of us has listed has been really horrible for you? heheheh

IMO the buffet food is horrendous. If there's no Guy's, the only thing on Lido I can stomach is the 4 cheese pizza from the 24 hour pizza place. ;)

Ever try anything from the Deli? The turkey wrap is really good. One of my favorites.

Oatmeal or bagel/cream cheese for breakfast. Add a couple of the little Danish with a swirl from the icrecream machine.

Lunch - Guys

Dinner - MDR most nights.

Ideas from this great thread and all of your posts, I'm going to have to try:

Strawberry cake pops

Soups

Key Lime Pie

Mac & Cheese

Carved Turkey

Oh my word....I am hungry now!!

I had Mongolian Wok with mussels and the hot sauce. It was so hot my eyes were flooding tears. I asked a staff member for some chocolate milk and he gave me one (they were in a cabinet at lunch time). The mild really helped. Never again! That stuff is HOT!

I don't usually eat desserts. There was a thread about the desserts on Lido not having any flavor. I went on my next cruise and decided to test that and found sure enough, while they looked very pretty most things have little to no flavor. How is that?

I don't usually eat desserts. There was a thread about the desserts on Lido not having any flavor. I went on my next cruise and decided to test that and found sure enough, while they looked very pretty most things have little to no flavor. How is that?

I thought the same thing! On my first cruise I was so excited to try all the pretty desserts because they looked so fancy. They were very bland. Steakhouse desserts are good. I have never bought one of the desserts that has an extra charge. They might have flavor.

the coffee bar has some desserts that cost 2.00 or so. I did try the carrot cake once, and it was delicious, but huge! Could not eat it all. There are several cakes there, and it all looks delicious. For someone who loves their sweets/desserts, I think it would be worth the small charge. But for me, they are just too big, and I am one who hates to leave half their food on the plate.

For breakfast our fav would be an omelette and then some fresh fruit.. for lunch or late night snack we like the deli or Pirates Pizza and some chocolate chip cookies !! Dinner we are usually at the MDR.

My fave from the deli is the turkey wrap, but I ask for some ham on it too !!:D

IMG_2658.jpg