Princess excursion deviation

figmentdj

Was just wondering if you anybody has deviated from a princess excursion. I.e, a tour to a beach was over and the princess excursion bus was picking everyone up. Could a person stay longer and get own transportation back? Maybe clear it with Shore Excursion desk prior? Interested to see your responses.

Edited by figmentdj

Was just wondering if you anybody has deviated from a princess excursion. I.e, a tour to a beach was over and the princess excursion bus was picking everyone up. Could a person stay longer and get own transportation back? Maybe clear it with Shore Excursion desk prior? Interested to see your responses.

I am sure people leave tours mid stream just let them know what you are doing.

Why not just make your own plans anyway without the excursion?

I haven't done it with Princess, but have done it. I made sure the bus knew we weren't coming back with them and enjoyed the beach longer. At that point it was like a private excursion, if I didn't get back in time no ship would be waiting. I would think Princess would do the same.

It isn't a problem (obviously you are on your own to get back to the ship). Just be sure to tell the guide or rep who is with your group. Otherwise they will delay while dealing with an incorrect head count and deciding whether to "leave" you or not.

We were in Aruba and our tour ended up at the beach for a while. The tour guide said we could just get off there and return on our own (just let him know) or we could simply finish the tour (at that point a ride back to the pier).

As far as I know one could get off of a tour early-just make sure the guide knows-without a problem.

You can ask at the tour desk and they will give you an idea the day ahead of time. We have been on a few excursions also where the guide will ask if anyone wants be dropped off in town or something on the way back to the port and then how to walk the rest of the way, or take a taxi, or whatever.

I have been on several ship tours where at the end we were given the choice of returning to the ship or getting off the tour usually in a town or beach and then getting ourselves back to the ship. It never is a problem but like many have said be sure and let your guide know what you are doing.

No need to do that. Nothing they could do with that information.

As others said, let your guide or rep know.

If no guide or rep, let one of the others on your bus know and they can tell the driver when going back.

I am sure people leave tours mid stream just let them know what you are doing.

Why not just make your own plans anyway without the excursion?

It's simply a transportation issue. Gonna use an "on your own" excursion from Princess to get me to a destination easier than cab or ferry, but the excursion is too short and I'll have private arrangements with another excursion provider later that day. It'll work out nicely and I'll get my own way back to the ship. Won't be a problem. Thanks all.