Boardwalk Balcony Cabin...Is There A View of the Water?

I am considering a sailing on Harmony in 2018, possibly in a Boardwalk Balcony room. Anyone stayed in one of those cabins? If so, is there a decent aft-view of the water from the Boardwalk balconies? Your opinions will help me decide whether I should reserve one, or simply get a regular outside balcony. Thanks everyone! ;)

Some water ... the closer you are to the aft, the more of it. The Ultimate Abyss will also be in the way for cabins deeper to the center of the ship.

Wow, I didn't take the Abyss into consideration. Forgot completely about the possible obstruction. Hmmm...something ELSE I've gotta think about.

Another vote for Ocean View Balcony on Harmony. This thread shows the most recent pics from Boardwalk rooms on HOS:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2368659

Those are definitely the best photos I've seen of the inner balcony view. It appears that you've got to get one of the cabins closest to the aft of the ship to be able to REALLY see both Boardwalk area AND the water. Bet those cabins are the first to sell out.

Those are definitely the best photos I've seen of the inner balcony view. It appears that you've got to get one of the cabins closest to the aft of the ship to be able to REALLY see both Boardwalk area AND the water. Bet those cabins are the first to sell out.

We have booked #9729,27,25 & 23 for HOTS March 2017...I booked these back in June 2015...so glad I did as prices have more than doubled. Even though at the time I had no idea about the new addition of the Abyss...was a bit concerned...but we'll manage :D:D

I am considering a sailing on Harmony in 2018, possibly in a Boardwalk Balcony room. Anyone stayed in one of those cabins? If so, is there a decent aft-view of the water from the Boardwalk balconies? Your opinions will help me decide whether I should reserve one, or simply get a regular outside balcony. Thanks everyone! ;)

There wasn't a view from ours. You see the boardwalk area below you, and the neighbors across the way.. We didn't like ours, but everyone is different..