Cococay Cabanas ... yea or nea?

We always get out cabanette on barefoot beach it is the best value comes with two longe chairs a floating mat transportation to and from ship and private shuttle to lunch and a fruit plate the price is only 50 dollars per cabanette ann is a great conciere she is from berry island near by and will take care of all your needs they don't sell these passes online go to excursion desk as soon as you get on ship and tell them you want clam shell on barefoot beach

We always get out cabanette on barefoot beach it is the best value comes with two longe chairs a floating mat transportation to and from ship and private shuttle to lunch and a fruit plate the price is only 50 dollars per cabanette ann is a great conciere she is from berry island near by and will take care of all your needs they don't sell these passes online go to excursion desk as soon as you get on ship and tell them you want clam shell on barefoot beach

They changed these when they put the new daybeds and cabanas in at Barefoot Beach. Not 100% sure where the cabinettes are now located. They now cost only $45, but do not come with any extras.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Edited by Eggfrmr

• 2 months later...
On the web site they have "bungalows" at $149 up to 6 people. Feb 2017 date

With 2 mats ,water, and fruit. Are these located on south beach? Any one know? Thanks....

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am so confused over cabanas, new cabanas, and bungalows! Someone posted pictures of "cabanas" that are right on the water, however the RC website advertises those as "bungalows". I feel like I'm spending more time researching this beach day than I did planning the entire cruise ! LOL 🙄

I just want a covered structure (not umbrella or clamshell) that has direct access to a non-rocky beach.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am so confused over cabanas, new cabanas, and bungalows! Someone posted pictures of "cabanas" that are right on the water, however the RC website advertises those as "bungalows". I feel like I'm spending more time researching this beach day than I did planning the entire cruise ! LOL 🙄

I just want a covered structure (not umbrella or clamshell) that has direct access to a non-rocky beach.

Bungalows and beachbeds are at South Beach which is the farthest area away from tender dock. They both have direct access to the beach which in non-rocky. The bungalows are about $200 to rent and have more coverage than the beachbeds. The beachbeds were about $145.

Cabanas are just to the left of the tender dock, and perched above a rocky ledge so no direct beach access from what I could see. They provide the most protection and are the priciest, but I did not check the cost.

We just got off Majesty on Friday and did not rent anything as I am to cheap to pay when I can get loungers with some shade for free.:D We had no trouble finding loungers and shade but Majesty was the only ship in Coco Cay so no crowds at all!

If I were going to cough up some money, I would go with the bungalow as they did look nice and are right on the beach which is important to me.

Sherri:)

Bungalows and beachbeds are at South Beach which is the farthest area away from tender dock. They both have direct access to the beach which in non-rocky. The bungalows are about $200 to rent and have more coverage than the beachbeds. The beachbeds were about $145.

Cabanas are just to the left of the tender dock, and perched above a rocky ledge so no direct beach access from what I could see. They provide the most protection and are the priciest, but I did not check the cost.

We just got off Majesty on Friday and did not rent anything as I am to cheap to pay when I can get loungers with some shade for free.:D We had no trouble finding loungers and shade but Majesty was the only ship in Coco Cay so no crowds at all!

If I were going to cough up some money, I would go with the bungalow as they did look nice and are right on the beach which is important to me.

Sherri:)

Sherri, thanks so much for the info! It sounds like bungalows would be a good choice for me. However again with my confusion, the website says bungalows $150 and cabana 216. Either way if the bungalows are closer to the beach that's where I'm going 😊

I will be on the majesty as well in April. How did you like the ship?

On Carnival, once you board the ship you go to guest services to reserve your cabana number. For our Enchantment- April 20th cruise, we booked a bungalow (the one on south beach), how do you know which one is yours? Do you reserve it at Guest Services, preassigned, or first come first serve?

On Carnival, once you board the ship you go to guest services to reserve your cabana number. For our Enchantment- April 20th cruise, we booked a bungalow (the one on south beach), how do you know which one is yours? Do you reserve it at Guest Services, preassigned, or first come first serve?

We went to the Shore Excursions desk to get our assignment.

Just off the Enchantment yesterday and rented a bungalow. We received the envelope with tickets and menu in our cabin mid-evening on the first day with instructions to take it down to Guest Services to reserve our bungalow and put in our dining requests. I went as soon as I received it, as there are 2 rows of bungalows. We had #19, right on the water. Made for a lovely day, and I would book one again in a heartbeat.

Just off the Enchantment yesterday and rented a bungalow. We received the envelope with tickets and menu in our cabin mid-evening on the first day with instructions to take it down to Guest Services to reserve our bungalow and put in our dining requests. I went as soon as I received it, as there are 2 rows of bungalows. We had #19, right on the water. Made for a lovely day, and I would book one again in a heartbeat.

Did you book the bungalow pre-cruise using RC's website?

Did you book the bungalow pre-cruise using RC's website?

I did. This being my first Coco Cay stop, wasn't sure if they'd sell out or not.

Is the cabanas pr stateroom/suite or can you share it with a couple of friends in another stateroom for the same price?

You can have up to 6 people in your bungalow for the ~$200 price (cabanas probably the same?) and required everyone to wear a wristband. We invited about 8-10 people (since we're used to NCL not caring who goes in and out of a cabana), and the concierge was more than a little cranky about it. She finally relented once we asked nicely and 'tipped' her. It also helped that our bungalow neighbors (2 people) offered to add them to their bungalow guest list. (This was a charter ship and everyone knew each other mostly.) We only ever had 6 people there, but people were wandering the island and wanted to stop by to chat. Seemed a little odd to me, but it's their island I suppose.

Can someone please tell me what amenities are available if you DON'T get a cabana? Are all those blue chairs I see in photos free to anyone, first-come, first-served? Or do they cost? Can you rent an umbrella? Or is it unnecessary bc of the trees? Is enough water available (for free) to anyone? Or should I plan to bring it from the ship? Am planning to show up to the beach with my swimsuit and towel and am hoping for a chair and some shade. 😁

Can someone please tell me what amenities are available if you DON'T get a cabana? Are all those blue chairs I see in photos free to anyone, first-come, first-served? Or do they cost? Can you rent an umbrella? Or is it unnecessary bc of the trees? Is enough water available (for free) to anyone? Or should I plan to bring it from the ship? Am planning to show up to the beach with my swimsuit and towel and am hoping for a chair and some shade. 😁

Chairs are free. Water is free. Shade is available and free. BBQ lunch is free.

For our cruise the cabanas are available now for reserving online in Cruise Planner. If I reserve/pay now and then decide at a later date we don't want to use it, can I cancel (prior to sailing) and get a refund? I feel like I should take advantage of reserving now in case they go fast.

I've seen posts about people pre-booking things then "returning" them and re-booking at a sale price. Just wondering if this was an option for all things you book/purchase/reserve online prior to sailing...or just specific items/activities.

Thanks in advance!

For our cruise the cabanas are available now for reserving online in Cruise Planner. If I reserve/pay now and then decide at a later date we don't want to use it, can I cancel (prior to sailing) and get a refund? I feel like I should take advantage of reserving now in case they go fast.

I've seen posts about people pre-booking things then "returning" them and re-booking at a sale price. Just wondering if this was an option for all things you book/purchase/reserve online prior to sailing...or just specific items/activities.

Thanks in advance!

You can absolutely cancel a bungalow or a cabana within the proper time frame (I don't recall what that is.) In fact, if there is a price drop, you can cancel and rebook it.

I canceled a bungalow and then rebooked it due to a price drop for our upcoming cruise. Later, cabanas became available, so I canceled the bungalow again. Still waiting for the cabana price drop. :D

There may be a risk that the cabana or bungalow may not be available when you try to rebook it, so it may be better to call Shore Excursions to see if they can do this for you. 800-398-9819

You can absolutely cancel a bungalow or a cabana within the proper time frame (I don't recall what that is.) In fact' date=' if there is a price drop, you can cancel and rebook it.

I canceled a bungalow and then rebooked it due to a price drop for our upcoming cruise. Later, cabanas became available, so I canceled the bungalow again. Still waiting for the cabana price drop. :D

There may be a risk that the cabana or bungalow may not be available when you try to rebook it, so it may be better to call Shore Excursions to see if they can do this for you. 800-398-9819[/quote']

Thanks so much for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

I havent read through this entire post, but I just wanted to add that our Anthem cruise called on CocoCay on March 22. We did not get a cabana. Instead, we paid $20 for an umbrella which covered 2 lounges on a beautiful spot on the beach. We got regular tender tickets, however we didn't need them because when we reported to the waiting area, they just allowed us onto the tender boat since there was space and no line.

The included buffet was unbelievable! Much more than the usual hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs and corn. There were many different types of salad (loved the watermelon and feta), lots of fresh fruit (loved the grapes), a gyro station, a roasted pig station, seafood paella, a large selection of desserts, etc. I never saw a spread like this on a private island before.

To us, it would have been a waste to spend any money on a cabana.