Worried I made a mistake with NCL..

Kosi

Thinking of canceling and taking the hit with cruise line and with TA.. I am so worried about the level of entertainment, room, (even in a Haven room).. I am this worried I am sad to lose money but will , and go back to RCI..I just saw this thread where a guy gets punched?? This would ruin my trip .. if I saw something like this ..

Don't get sloppy drunk and act up, you probably won't get punched.

Thinking of canceling and taking the hit with cruise line and with TA.. I am so worried about the level of entertainment, room, (even in a Haven room).. I am this worried I am sad to lose money but will , and go back to RCI..I just saw this thread where a guy gets punched?? This would ruin my trip .. if I saw something like this ..

Seems like we go through this with you here every couple of years. Last time that I recall, was when you decided before even stepping on the ship (Norwegian Jewel, Deck 10 Starboard Side Owner's Suite) that your Butler was going to be horrible. You spent the better part of two weeks raising cane about it here. I followed you in the same suite the following week, with the same Butler you had - he was wonderful - but you did everything you could while you were onboard to either get him fired, or get a refund. I returned home to find the most awful and scathing thread imaginable, wherein you continued your agenda against a perfectly wonderful, decent and hardworking human being. The entire situation was atrocious. I could say much more, but for your sake I'll keep the rest of what I know to myself.

Please, for the sake of everyone on every Norwegian ship in the fleet, follow up on your own suggestion, and go back to RCI... forever.

We are just arriving back from 7 days aboard the Breakaway in Bermuda. There was a lady who asked for a refund because so many people got sick/hurt (and a crewmember died and all...). She thought she should be reimbursed for the trouble this caused for her... (even though the official announcements were made only regarding a helicopter evacuation for a fellow passenger, and only put us slightly off course...) I'm certain this woman feels she made a horrible mistake going with NCL. Me? Loved it. Saw a lady throw a necklace at and verbally assault a guest services clerk. Did it ruin my trip? Not at all. I laughed it off, just like the clerk did, and went on with my day. I'm normally very empathetic, but this woman was obviously not "normal" (and I use that term very loosely). Go on the cruise. Have fun. If something goes wrong, make the best of it. If you hate it, don't do it again.

Or don't go. Just don't sit and lament about possibly making the wrong decision. Life is what you make it...vacations are, too.

Wow, just searched and read other posts by OP. Based on what I read, you should be cruising one of the higher end cruise lines. There are ships that cater to people like you, leave NCL to we, the unwashed masses, who don't worry about trivial matters such as who our butler is.

Buh, bye!

Lol. You think NCL is the only cruise line that has someone punching someone? Maybe you should stay home and wrap yourself in bubble wrap instead of going in the cruise.

Are you sure that you want to go back to Royal Caribbean?...

QyhCcU_2WRg

...or Carnival?...

h-y9_6ZQJ_E

..or Disney...

Cy41xFZhnvg

...or...never cruise again. :rolleyes:

OMG WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS?? Now I can never cruise again.. lol Anyway, fights happen EVERYWHERE, I think the op should just go and enjoy or cancel lose their money and never cruise again:eek:

We are just arriving back from 7 days aboard the Breakaway in Bermuda. There was a lady who asked for a refund because so many people got sick/hurt (and a crewmember died and all...). She thought she should be reimbursed for the trouble this caused for her... (even though the official announcements were made only regarding a helicopter evacuation for a fellow passenger, and only put us slightly off course...) I'm certain this woman feels she made a horrible mistake going with NCL. Me? Loved it. Saw a lady throw a necklace at and verbally assault a guest services clerk. Did it ruin my trip? Not at all. I laughed it off, just like the clerk did, and went on with my day. I'm normally very empathetic, but this woman was obviously not "normal" (and I use that term very loosely). Go on the cruise. Have fun. If something goes wrong, make the best of it. If you hate it, don't do it again.

Or don't go. Just don't sit and lament about possibly making the wrong decision. Life is what you make it...vacations are, too.

I have always said that a cruise/vacation is what YOU make of it. If you are looking for things to complain about, you WILL find them. I will be on the Breakaway in Sept. we can't wait.. Our first time in a Haven suite! So excited.. :D

Trust me-I would never, ever give up a room in the Haven to go back to a RCI suite. Just sayin'.........

FYI-I saw a pretty good encounter once in royals concierge lounge which did not ruin my cruise at all and was quite the entertainment factor as I never knew a chair had such value!! :eek: Besides what has been shown here, there was a famous video going around a while ago showing a huge breakout in the theater over saving seats on Freedom of the seas. Vise-versa this would not steer me away from any cruise line. Look for drama-you will find it.

Having been on the cruise in the video, only a small amount of people saw the fight in the video. I also saw a fight on the cruise and I would just like to say that the staff on NCL put their selves in harms way to stop the fight and there was a wall that literally came out of the main wall and separated the two people involved. The staff were extremely professional and the ones that stopped the fight were half the guys size. These things will happen anywhere. Has nothing to do with NCL. People can be idiots when they drink on any cruise and some are just idiots. If a fight would ruin your cruise, I think you may be out of luck as no one can know when or what ship it will happen on. I absolutely hate fighting for any reason but certainly would not let it ruin such an awesome vacation. If you are near it you can always walk away, there are lots of places to go. I hope you can book a cruise and relax and enjoy yourself but losing money because of a fight is kinda silly cause it can happen on royal carribean just as easily. Happy cruising!

Anywhere there's a congregation of humanity, you will find a percentage that's the least emotionally intelligent members of society. It's a statistical fact. It can happen anywhere. If you're worried about fights on cruise ships, for God's sake, don't go to a shopping mall, Mardi Gras or New Years Eve or any theme park. I'm more worried about connecting flights and port excursions than fights among the dregs.

This is the strangest post I've ever read. You are so worried about entertainment and the room when you haven't even seen them yet that you're willing to cancel and lose money? No matter what cruise line to cruise on whether it be Crystal, celebrity, NCL, princess, or Royal Caribbean the greatest determining factor determining your enjoyment is YOU! I will be going on my 7th Cruise in a 12 month period October 22nd. This will be my 35th Cruise. Carnival has gotten too smoky for me and I've had trouble breathing on my last few cruises with them but otherwise I've always had a great time on a cruise. We just got off of Norwegian Escape 2 weeks ago. As far as the room goes if you're booked in the Haven you will not have any complaints! The food is also fantastic. We had no trouble finding entertainment as they had two Broadway shows as well as multiple smaller shows, comedians and small musical venues.

1469384336639.jpg.c33ffff6df5d3392d00b780c41d6fd3c.jpg

1469384358649.jpg.2dc494c223e374038ea342510708c6a5.jpg

1469384387008.jpg.808f15f05faf7dd5a90621b337838ad8.jpg

1469384412348.jpg.f16aa0d9a0fb137d80d3983abed001e1.jpg

1469384432492.jpg.5ff456eb2bbfc6d0cd666bc981e408de.jpg

Fights can happen on any ship. Even RCI.

[YOUTUBE]QyhCcU_2WRg[/YOUTUBE]

Here's another...

[YOUTUBE]Q7e0zrAV9Nk[/YOUTUBE]

On youtube - on the first video someone (on youtube) has commented "stupid yanks" - can tell you immediately shamefully the blonde girl doing the hitting and screaming is Scottish - and the responding girl who gets a word in at the end is English - Scotland and England at war - drunkengirliestyle!

Disgusting behaviour anywhere let alone in the buffet on a cruise ship.

You choice - cant figure it but your choice...

I wish I had cancelled my one and only experience with RCCL (aside from Celebrity!) when we spent over £10,000GBP on their penthouse (baby grand, outdoor tub, round bed + mirrored ceiling in the bedroom :eek: ) on Explorer of the Seas. IN addition to this we booked four other cabins. It was the second worse (the worst award goes to P&O) cruise we have ever endured. Total waste of money - and we could easily have ended up in a row with their security staff who were downright nasty! The food was mediocre at best. There was no butler service despite the high price tag for this amazing suite - (is that not still the case with RCCL? No Butlers in suites? ). Our cabin steward was a little uppity squirt who looked down his wee spotty nose at us - probably the worst cabin steward ever... And as for that "mall parade thing" going on did my head in reminded me of a shopping centre.

We had a lousy 12 day cruise - We made some good memories down to family and friends which was the point of the cruise, but the service we received was appalling - and the food as I say, at best mediocre. What on earth makes you think RCCL is better than NCL? I know RCCL have the lounge where suite guests can drink free - but I've had more fun in a public library - no thank you...

Oh I did love Johnny Rockets - that was great! That's about the only positive thing I have to say about Explorer - wont be back - not ever.

We have had by far better times on ANY other line including NCL + Costa and hey Carnival for that matter - than we had on RCCL. I can hand on heart say, the cheapest cruise we ever booked, a £599 last minute cruise on a Costa ship was by far a happier cruise than the £10,000 "so called once in a lifetime dream trip" we had on RCCL...

Different horses for different courses... ;)

So you booked with NCL because of one entertainment option and an assumption that people on vacation with unlimited drink packages don't get drunk? You must not get out much. But hey, it's your money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just Stay @ home with your head in the sand! :eek:

You choice - cant figure it but your choice...

I wish I had cancelled my one and only experience with RCCL (aside from Celebrity!) when we spent over £10,000GBP on their penthouse (baby grand, outdoor tub, round bed + mirrored ceiling in the bedroom :eek: ) on Explorer of the Seas. IN addition to this we booked four other cabins. It was the second worse (the worst award goes to P&O) cruise we have ever endured. Total waste of money - and we could easily have ended up in a row with their security staff who were downright nasty! The food was mediocre at best. There was no butler service despite the high price tag for this amazing suite - (is that not still the case with RCCL? No Butlers in suites? ). Our cabin steward was a little uppity squirt who looked down his wee spotty nose at us - probably the worst cabin steward ever... And as for that "mall parade thing" going on did my head in reminded me of a shopping centre.

We had a lousy 12 day cruise - We made some good memories down to family and friends which was the point of the cruise, but the service we received was appalling - and the food as I say, at best mediocre. What on earth makes you think RCCL is better than NCL? I know RCCL have the lounge where suite guests can drink free - but I've had more fun in a public library - no thank you...

Oh I did love Johnny Rockets - that was great! That's about the only positive thing I have to say about Explorer - wont be back - not ever.

We have had by far better times on ANY other line including NCL + Costa and hey Carnival for that matter - than we had on RCCL. I can hand on heart say, the cheapest cruise we ever booked, a £599 last minute cruise on a Costa ship was by far a happier cruise than the £10,000 "so called once in a lifetime dream trip" we had on RCCL...

Different horses for different courses... ;)

She isn't kidding, she told me quite of few stories of that expensive trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the OPs posts, you'll notice a pattern of worrying and being unhappy. Not sure why she even bothers cruising if she is that worried about EVERYTHING. Also seems to be the Queen of Indecision. One day she says she is going on DCL, next day she's changing to RCL, and then changing to NCL, but worrying about all of them.

Way too much drama going on there! Best thing to do is let this thread wither away.

Edited by vince_g

If you look at the OPs posts, you'll notice a pattern of worrying and being unhappy. Not sure why she even bothers cruising if she is that worried about EVERYTHING. Also seems to be the Queen of Indecision. One day she says she is going on DCL, next day she's changing to RCL, and then changing to NCL, but worrying about all of them.

Way too much drama going on there! Best thing to do is let this thread wither away.

I noticed that too...