furious w/ RCCL...and cozumel....

mpffls

Seems like it was attention seeking to me..Shaking the tree perhaps?

Having scanned the post, and expereinced travelling right after Wilma hit Florida, you have to roll with the punches..Oh my...you can't have the beach wedding..stuff happens..your family was together, alive, and unaffected by the devestation that ppl in the area have to live with EVERYDAY...oh they can't answer your questions/concerns in a manner that satifies you? SUCK IT UP you whiner...enjoy the moments with your family...you'll live longer with less stress.

If I were her I would only PM the nice people who were supportive and helpful and give them the outcome. The snarky ones don't need to hear the outcome. :p

You are right! And I personally hope the wedding was beautiful. My daughter was married on the Grand Princess, and it was beautiful, and so was she. We also had 50 on board. And Princess went way beyond the norm to make it a special day for all of us. This was 5 years ago when Princess was doing their own weddings. Unbelievable flowers, music, Captain. Everyone gave 150%. Such great memories, and they gave us a free tape of the ceremony. They also took over 200 pictures.

Memories are very important, and every little girl dreams of a great wedding day that fills her dreams, regardless of size or venue. My daughter met her husband on a cruise, and that is where they wanted to get married. I was thrilled with their decision. No, neither of them worked for a cruise line. How did I know you were going to ask that?

To those of you who decided to make this a cruel joke, shame on you!

Seems like it was attention seeking to me..Shaking the tree perhaps?

Having scanned the post, and expereinced travelling right after Wilma hit Florida, you have to roll with the punches..Oh my...you can't have the beach wedding..stuff happens..your family was together, alive, and unaffected by the devestation that ppl in the area have to live with EVERYDAY...oh they can't answer your questions/concerns in a manner that satifies you? SUCK IT UP you whiner...enjoy the moments with your family...you'll live longer with less stress.

I completely agree!!

I think she stopped posting on this thread because we weren't giving her the support/answers she wanted to hear from us. She had been posting on her roll call thread, though. She hasn't posted since her return yet.

If you want an update, just click on her screen name from this thread and on the drop down menu you can select "find all postings by...." or something to that effect.

• 3 weeks later...

My marriage was scheduled in a park in mid October in Phoenix, when it rarely rains.

(I frankly wasn't into that plan because I didn't think any risk was worth it, but my wife had wedding veto)

We had a absolute downpour all day all night, and ended up getting married in from of my wifes bosses big screen tv while people were lined up the stairs and peered through windows while being rained on. (aggravated by the fact that everyone showed up even though only 1/2 rsvp'd)

Well, we still enjoyed ourselves, and our wedding is one that everyone remembers.

One year later on our anniversary we went to the grand canyon, and the state was again hammered by a major storm on the same day.

When we got home there were a lot of messages waiting by people who said they noticed the storm was on our anniversary.

I will try again.....can not figure out what button I hit ....but there is one that always makes my post go wacko!!!!

For those of y'all that would like to know how things went...and how we finally worked things out....here we go....and for those of you that wish to pass judgement on the outcome..our lifestyle....and continue to post your negative comments about what I expect as service froma service oriented company..have at it....you will certainly have a feild day with the outcome!!!!!!

I beleive we were about a month out and had been given a room....and we were thrilled....especially when we figured out that RCCL had no idea how to convert meters to feet and the room was indeed large enough for the wedding.

The bride and grooms cabin had dropped $300 in price and our TA asked for an upgrade to the next catagory...a JS... or a credit on the onboard account....RCCL said nothing would be done until the week of sailing...so we waited...

The next few weeks were spent w/ plans on how to decorate the room so that it would resemble a "soft" look....rather than one for a confernce....

RCCL was still checking on a photographer, and some "off duty" musicians.....

At every turn they stressed that we were not to "destroy" the room....I kept thinking...it was a wedding....not a bacholar party!!!! and that it was our responsibility to set it up.....and clean it up....leaving it as we had found it.....I suppose things are different aboard a ship.....I have never encountered a place that had such restrictions.....but then I have never had an event at the VFW or the Knights of Columbus Lodge....and perhaps this is what is expected......

We got word about 10 days before sailing that that there would be no musicians and that we could have a photographer from 1 until 3 pm at $ 150 per hour....and that they had charged my amex.....

NO......why would we want a potographer from 1 - 3...the wedding was at 7:30....and how presumptuous to go ahead and charge my account....

My TA....felt that once we got on the ship....that if we started "greazing " a few palms..that things would fall into place.....

The week of sailing the TA contacted RCCL about the upgrade ...or crdit and was told that the ship was sold out and there would be no compensation....but if she wanted they would flag them as VIPs...

She aggreed to that.... adding my husband and myself to the list...and told me to be on the look out for the extras.....

so.....we set out for galveston on the morning of the 15th....w/ 9 huge suitcases, a huge box...and some carry-ons full of decorations.... flowers....and yes I admit I took some booze....I had tryed...and tryed to get RCCL to provide me w/ bar set up in our room....I was even willing to pay any huge price for it....and true to their past of course the answer was NO.....they let me now that if someone was in our room and wanted a drink...they would need to go to a bar....get one and bring it back....they are soooooo helpful....

Notice that I did not mention clothes.....and yes we did take clothes..in more suitcases....and a stack of $20s.....and an open mind that all of those awful things that had happened before we stepped on board....were because ofthe land folks....and once we were actually on board....things wouldbe great.... with everyone wanting to make our experiance wonderful....

We had a wonderful suite...and our luggage made it to our room before we did...check in was smooth....I suppose I should say we all arrived at different times ..we got on about noon..... and I am not sure of any mishaps with this process...

Folks started arriving for sail away around 3pm.....

and we sailed at 6pm.....after a 4:30 muster....that was much more comfortable because it was chilly....

Things were looking pretty good....our cabin attendant was wonderful... as it turned out was the case for everyone....on the last night the bride and groom missed getting thir luggage out...so thier guy arrived 1st thing that morning and personally carried their luggage off....what a guy!!!!

Several weeks before sailing RCCL had asked for table assignments and they were sent...the week of sailing RCCL confirmed the assignments....

1 - 12 , and 3 - 10s....along with who would be at each table.....this was a very important detail.... as the brides father and myself do not get along at all....as a matter of fact....he said 2 sentances to me the entire trip and refused to be in photos that we were in....what a champ!!!!....they also had made it clear that they would not attend anything that took place in our cabin....and the step monster was a raving bi- - - about everything from the mandatory muster drill....to setting your luggage out the night befor we dock!!!!!...oh well.....

So when we entered the dining room and I realized we were at the same table....I took a deep breath and went straight to the maitre de....who let me know.....there was nothing he could do and if we did not like our table then when we got home we should tell our TA....after all she made the assignments....."RCCL does not make the table assignments.... the travel agents do"......not only were the asignments wrong but ....we did not have the right size tables there were 8s and 4s.....and No... I know my TA did not do this......

We moved things around....and worked things out on our own...our head waiter..."speaking out of both sides of his mouth" made us beleive that things ..would remain the way we had arranged it from then on....but everynight it was back the way it had been the 1st night....and on the 3rd night our waitress told us we needed to stop moving around and sit where we had been assigned!!!!!....she provided horrible service...and the food was probably the worst we have ever had.....room service was not even eatable, and very little choice... and breakfast and lunch were awful no matter where we ate....

The weather was awful.....15 ft waves and gale force winds....all the way down and all the way back ....with much sea sickness...but cozumel was wonderful and we did our best to help the economy!!!!!

The day of the wedding we got the room early morning and arranged it the way we wanted.....it was obvious this large room was used as the storage room ....we left for a while to get the decorations and when we had returned....it was back just like we had never been there....so we arranged it again....

I sent the boys out for a musicians hunt.....and they came back sucessful...however we were still short a photgrapher but there were so many usually roaming that I was not worried.....

so....the room was set....the musicians were in place ....guests were arriving...then some guy from RCCL entered....and made the musicians leave.... he made quite a fuss..making them pack up all of their stuff..and left a "boom box".....about the size of a shoe box...saying if we wanted music we could use that....

after the ceremony we tried to get the photographers to take some pics and they did take a few...but when we asked for group shots we were told NO.....and when they took the pics at dinner....we asked if he would come back and take some more....he refusd....as it turned out the only pics of the bride and groom all cruise were the ones after the wedding on the stairs that the photographer acted like we were bothering him!!!!!

I really think this patcular ship has a problem w/ customer relations in many ofthe areas.....even something as simple as bingo turned ugly....

"bingo bob" who was calling the numbers....would not slow down when folks asked him to (not our group....for once we were not the complainers!!!!) he got really agitated and yelled back that if they were having troulbe keeping up then they could not play.....he needed to call th numbers every 15 seconds and he had slowed down to 17 seconds but that ws as slow as he would go.......I still just shake my head!!!!!!!!

In spite of all of the negative....and the fact that we never got any VIP stuff....nor have we rceived anything from RCCL as they promised our TA they would send us something to make up for the VIP drop....

I would recomind a wedding at sea to anyone who wants to tackle it.... as far as I am concerned it is really a fun way to do it....just choose another cruise line....

I know I will look at all the other lines befor I cruise RCCL again....

All they had to do was act like they cared....

so there we are...our TA has sent a letter to RCCL....I doubt we will hear anything....they really do not care....thier ships are full....

hope all had a good holiday....

trish

Wow, that does sound rather bad/sucky. Based on what you have written, I do not have a high opinion of your TA. RCCL onboard seems to do better with advanced directives, and it sounds as though they did not receive them. I'm glad your daughter's wedding came off. I'm sorry it had to be so stressful for everyone involved. We have all been following your plight, it will probably make for interesting future stories.:)

Wow, that does sound rather bad/sucky. Based on what you have written, I do not have a high opinion of your TA. RCCL onboard seems to do better with advanced directives, and it sounds as though they did not receive them. I'm glad your daughter's wedding came off. I'm sorry it had to be so stressful for everyone involved. We have all been following your plight, it will probably make for interesting future stories.:)

Is it ever the cruise lines fault?? Gotta love the cruise line cheerleaders.

Illb

Illb, Am I a RCCL cheerleader? ....I don't think so. It is the line that we generally cruise, which is why I frequent this particular board. The same problems that the OP encountered, can be encountered on any line, especially with hurricanes and destruction thrown into the mix. . If the price dropped $300, HER TA should have obtained the discount. If they were to receive VIP status HER TA should have made that directive and received confirmation from the cruiseline. Did they get an onboard cocktail party for their group? Doesn't sound like it. The TA that coordinated this group cruise should have been a little more on top of things, in my opinion.

Not to mention that it appears that her TA messed up the seating arrangements.

However her TA was probably sick and tired of hearing from her as well. When did she start this thread :confused: if I remember correctly it was right after the hurricane. How can anyone answer questions 6 days after a major hurricane :confused:

###

Not always LOL ;) I don't think the comment was meant for you, perhaps me ;)

###

No, neither, Im sure if you read back you will know who it was directed at. I didnt want to offend anyone by using the quote feture, lol

as the brides father and myself do not get along at all....as a matter of fact....he said 2 sentances to me the entire trip and refused to be in photos that we were in....what a champ!!!!....they also had made it clear that they would not attend anything that took place in our cabin....and the step monster was a raving bi- - - about everything from the mandatory muster drill....to setting your luggage out the night befor we dock

Gee, they don't get along? I wonder why?:eek:

There are so many times that we never find out how these things END. I appreciate the fact that she came back and let us know how the onboard and wedding thing went. It's over and done with, nice to have a resolution, without attacking the OP.:)

Archived