Tea

deborahjo

In the buffet, you can get Lipton, and Lipton decaf in the paper packets. YUK!

You can also find Bigelow single pack of Green tea, if you're lucky, but that's it.

I've gotten burned twice now on different ships, so have packed my own travel bag of tea for the next trip.

Good luck!

Wendy

In the buffet, you can get Lipton, and Lipton decaf in the paper packets. YUK!

You can also find Bigelow single pack of Green tea, if you're lucky, but that's it.

I've gotten burned twice now on different ships, so have packed my own travel bag of tea for the next trip.

Good luck!

Wendy

You are right, Lipton Black and Bigelow Green.

I have seen nice selection of Bigelow tea at tea time and on the Lido Buffet, as well as Lipton. This was all available in January, so I assume it's still available.

Sorry, it has changed since January; another cut back.

I think it's Lipton Black and Lipton Green. There is some others available for. $1.95 upcharge

This is what we experienced during our cruise in March.

Edited by CruzinScotty

I agree with the Lipton tea... yuck! would anyone look at me sideways if I brought my own tea at tea time I sea days? I'd bring a few bags of Twinings.

Help yourself. There have been a few threads here where people said they were going to do the same thing now.

In the last day or two, John Heald mentioned a snack he brings on board (can't think of what it is) and specifically asked if others brought things on board with them.

Do they have coffee at tea time? I hate tea but I really want to go to tea time. :D

The times I have been, no one at my table asked for coffee; I don't recall seeing it at other tables. But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Or just say you don't like tea, do you have something else? (It may end up being water. LOL)

I agree with the Lipton tea... yuck! would anyone look at me sideways if I brought my own tea at tea time I sea days? I'd bring a few bags of Twinings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope. I've don't it each time since they started charging for the flavored teas. I bring Twining's as well. The waiters don't even bat an eyelash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bring my own tea bags every cruise. I completely agree with you about Lipton tea! My mother gives me grief but it doesn't stop her from stealing my tea. I've just learned to pack a few extra for her too.

Funny story about Lipton tea bags happened during a transatlantic crossing at dinner. An older British couple, who reminded me of my grandparents, was at the table next to us when the waiter brought the wife hot water and a Lipton tea bag. She politely asks the waiter "Didn't you stop last night and get proper tea?" (we were on the second night of of our crossing in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean).

I about fell out of my chair silently laughing, because here was proof that it wasn't just me being weird about Lipton tea bags! I then reached into my purse and took out my ziploc bag of tea making sure to keep one for my meal and then took it over to this woman who I knew would appreciate my proper British tea. She did try to give it back to me but I told her I totally understood about Lipton tea bags and proper tea; besides I had plenty more back in the cabin, since I had just stocked up in London before boarding the ship. She was most grateful to have proper tea for the remainder of her cruise.

Sorry, it has changed since January; another cut back.

This is what we experienced during our cruise in March.

Wow. Well, I'm a Red Rose Tea kinda girl! I love some loose teas, love Teavana teas, enjoy some Twinings and Bigelow, but my morning tea at home is always Red Rose! I can't stand Lipton. I'll be bringing my own tea on the Magic in Sept! Thanks for the heads up!