What Does "Held" On Cruise Planner Mean?

I booked a cruise today and paid the deposit. I got a confirmation number and this can be retried via the My Cruises page. However, it states that it is held until 29th July. The balance shows that I have paid the deposit. I have yet to receive a confirmation email. Do I need to be worried?

I rechecked availability and it looks like I managed to get the last of the availability in that category (Oceanview Gurantee Y) as this is now no longer showing.

Corinna

It will change over the next few hours after they amend it.

Don't worry :)

I agree, but I'd give it no more than 24 hours and call if the status has not changed.

It will change over the next few hours after they amend it.

Don't worry :)

Thanks. I cannot remember this happening on the last cruise I booked directly on their website hence the little panic. They have already assigned us a cabin and the payment is reflecting so hopefully they sort themselves out soon.

Corinna

I booked a cruise today and paid the deposit. I got a confirmation number and this can be retried via the My Cruises page. However, it states that it is held until 29th July. The balance shows that I have paid the deposit. I have yet to receive a confirmation email. Do I need to be worried?

I rechecked availability and it looks like I managed to get the last of the availability in that category (Oceanview Gurantee Y) as this is now no longer showing.

Corinna

My cruise still says held after a month. When I called, the rep said it shows held because it was a half price deposit, it was $50, and they said it needed to be at least $100. My other cruises were 1/2 price deposit and show purchased. I couldn't book their airfare because of that.

Thanks for all you input and for putting my mind at rest. I had a total nightmare booking this cruise as the availability is so volatile. The status has now changed to purchased.

Corinna

Thanks for reporting back, and I'm sure that's a relief!:)

Call in if you don't really like your cabin placement. For our cruise in September they only had guarantee cabins available on the website for the category we booked. We were originally put on deck three but we like to be higher on the ship, so I called and got us reassigned to deck nine.

Call in if you don't really like your cabin placement. For our cruise in September they only had guarantee cabins available on the website for the category we booked. We were originally put on deck three but we like to be higher on the ship, so I called and got us reassigned to deck nine.

The OP is from the UK, their booking rules are different. They have to pay a fee to have their cabin moved.

That sucks.

It's not that uncommon really. RCCL is the first line I've heard of where even some people can book a GTY and call and fuss when they get their cabin assignment to get a "better" cabin. Most I'm aware of the understanding is that if you book GTY you are agreeing to accept the cabin you are assigned, which will be at least the category you booked but *could* be a higher category. You rolls the dice and takes your chances.

It's not that uncommon really. RCCL is the first line I've heard of where even some people can book a GTY and call and fuss when they get their cabin assignment to get a "better" cabin. Most I'm aware of the understanding is that if you book GTY you are agreeing to accept the cabin you are assigned, which will be at least the category you booked but *could* be a higher category. You rolls the dice and takes your chances.

I see. Was the first time we have ever booked a guarantee cabin. I just called in and asked if it was possible to get a higher placed room and they said it was not a problem.

I had not realized that in the UK they charge for changing your cabin. We are pretty easy going as long as we are on the ship. I knew that going for an ocean view, we would quite likely end up on deck 2 or 3 as this is where the bulk of ocean view cabins are on the Navigator of the Seas. We are OK with this. We tend to prefer forward over midship or aft and we have ended up as far forward on deck 2 as you can get. Looking at the official deck plan, there is an annotation that our cabin is slightly larger than the standard ocean view cabins so that sounds like a win win situation for me.

Corinna