Faster to Fun

LOVE FTTF !!! I have it for my next 5 cruises which are booked, and after that I will be platinum and not need it anymore.

What makes it worth it to me:

--Cabin being ready immediately. Hate carrying around my bags, I want to get settled

--Getting on ship "first" (or close to first). After all, the vacation doesn't "really" start till we board.

--Priority Disembarkation. Anyone who ever spent hours in line to clear customs knows that being first off can save a lot of time.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

It's a subjective response. As platinum (big deal right?) we board early and would pay FTTF if we weren't.

The reasons start with a 5 night is really only 4 days plus if you are later in the day stepping on the ship.

We love to walk around, take photos, check out the dinner table assignments and just decompress from the flight or the days leading up to the vacation.

The other benefits like priority line at Guest Services are nice, but I can get a copy of my folio anytime from the machines nearby.

Tenders are only off the ship priority, we wait alongside everyone else getting back aboard.

Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe it is..we've bought FTTF several times and for us, it's always worth it because we get on sooner, which gives us a little extra time to get my son (who is autistic) acclimated and it means our room is ready right away so if he has a massive meltdown for some reason, then we have a place we can go to calm him down away from the judgemental eyes of other people.

Absolutely worth every penny for us as well!! We purchased it on our last cruise because my son has Asperger's Syndrome, getting on the ship early (before the masses) and letting him get a feel for things helped SO much with his anxiety (therefore avoiding a meltdown). Having the cabin ready as an escape from the "judgmental eyes" was like a small insurance policy.

Aside from that, the dedicated guest services line was priceless. We had issues with both of my boys cards on different days, the normal guest services line was at lest 20-25 people long. I was able to walk right up, have the cards taken care of, and we were back to having fun in less than 5 minutes.

I do not think this poster was being mean or not contributing, this is a useful post. In the last week there are at least two of these threads with hundreds of responses. The OP could learn much about the question in minutes instead of waiting for all of us to respond. I personally would have linked the older thread like this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377994

The poster that asked the question is new. They only have nine postings as I write this. They most likely don't know that many of these questions have been previously asked or that you can do a search.

This is my first time on Carnival next month and I kick myself for not purchasing FTTF...it's sold out now..

I guess I've learned my lesson. I hope I don't have to wait in line too long. But excited to cruise none the less! :cool:

Keep trying to purchase it! Sometimes people cancel it and it becomes available! I know when I first tried to purchase mine, they were sold out. I kept trying everyday and finally it came available about a month before our cruise!

Happy sailings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the earliest available boarding time as of now (for the staggered) is 10:30am.

It is not a staggered boarding time. It is a staggered time for entry to the terminal. Knowing that will help you determine if getting in to the terminal is worth it for you. If you have a Carnival excursion at your tender port you get priority tender access anyways. No one gets priorty tender BACK to the ship, FTTF or not, so makes no difference there.

Many on this board say slipping a room attendant $10 gets you in to the room right away; haven't tried, right or wrong, that's what people say. Others have said they did not get their luggage any sooner (though when GS was notified that Carnival has refunded the total cost of FTTF without revoking the other perks of the program).

For me, personally, it is not worth the money. The perks are just not that important to me. I am not sure if priority disembark is part of the program; that may be worth it to you if you have an early flight.

Is it worth paying for? Going on a 5 day cruise and I believe only 1 port is tendered. Is it worth the extra cost? We are sailing out of Miami. I think the earliest available boarding time as of now (for the staggered) is 10:30am.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

I think it really depends what you are looking for....if you are of the herd mentality and are of the mindset of "I gotta be first", it will get you on the ship ahead of general boarders, so you may save 10-15 mins that way. Your room is ready so you can drop your carryons in your room (that seems to be a huge deal for some). You may want to save the $60 and show up to the port around 1:30. It will be a ghost town. At that time there may be more security personnel than passengers. You will breeze thru security and be on the ship in under 10 mins. By 1:30, all the cabins are ready, so you can go right to your room and drop your stuff. Make your way up to Lido and since most of the cattle have gorged themselves, no lines at the buffet

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I have had 4 major back surgeries and it is too difficult to stand for an extended period of time.We purchase it for every cruise if we can. I have been fortunate enough to get it for this upcoming cruise and one in April 2017. It's not available yet for the cruise next sept. I have also been able to change my dining options using it. for us, it is worth every $$$$$.

Is it worth paying for? Going on a 5 day cruise and I believe only 1 port is tendered. Is it worth the extra cost? We are sailing out of Miami. I think the earliest available boarding time as of now (for the staggered) is 10:30am.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

This is a question that no one can answer for you. If it is worth it to you can only be answered by you!