Royal Cruiser - May Try Celebrity ?'s

Noreen411

Hi

We are Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean and are looking to possibly try Celebrity. I think this makes us Elite on Celebrity.

We are looking at the Reflection and either a Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite. Those were the 2 types showing as available for the sailing we're looking at. Celebrity suite looks about 100 SF larger and the bedroom looks like it's separated. In the picture it looks kind of enclosed within the room.

Is a Sky Suite similar to a Junior Suite on Royal Caribbean?

The perks don't seem much different between the Sky or Celebrity unless I misread something.

The difference is about $1400 between the 2 cabins.

Would you recommend one cabin type over the other?

Thank you

Noreen

I would choose the Celebrity suite over the Sky unless there is a corner aft Sky available. The Celebrity suite has a separate bedroom, but the most important difference to me is the dining table in the Celebrity suite. I think it really depends on whether $1,400 is a lot of money to you. On Royal we prefer the Grand suite and on Celebrity, either the Celebrity suite or

We were loyal to royal for years and years, but after sailing on Celebrity we now sail more on them than Royal. You will be Elite on Celebrity and we've found that the Elite happy hour groups have had great people.

Yes the Sky suite is similar to a junior suite on Royal.

Have a great trip!

A correction, there is no dining table in the Celebrity Suites on the Reflection-spent time visiting with friends who were staying in a CS. I think the Celebrity Suites with dining table/chairs are only on the M Class ships.

The benefits of a CS are the same as a Sky Suite. Personally I would not spent the extra $1400. We find the Sky Suites very comfortable. A S1 on the aft corner would be my choice if available.

Hi

Thank you all for your advice

We are now booked in a Celebrity Suite

I called Captain's Club and we both have #'s and are Elite

Now I just have to wait and wait until it's time to go

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I'm poking around learning about Celebrity

Thank you again

Noreen

We typically sail in grand suites on Royal and did the sky suite on celebrity last year. Yes it is similar to a royal junior suite except that you get all the suite perks. We ultimately decided on sky over celebrity suite because we didn't like the idea of the bedroom being enclosed. Sometimes we like to just relax in bed mid day and wanted to have a view.

Since both Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites have the exact same perks (butler, access to Michael's Club and Luminae restaurant) we don't find that the difference in price is worth it.

Last cruise we happened upon a CS that was about the same as the corner aft Sky Suite (1) we always like to book. So we thought, why not, let's try it. Funny thing, the very next day the Celebrity suites went up about $1200 in price, so maybe it was a glitch.

Yes it was bigger and the L-shaped couch was nice. But we are going back to the S1 cabins because we LOVE corner aft. For the $1400 difference in price you can do a whole lot of "stuff."

We didn't particularly love the bed in the bedroom closed off. We like the open plan of the sky suite.