CC silver boarding

aaronb

Boarding is a very smooth process. If you show up at your PAT (or between 12:30 and 1 if you have a later time)' date=' you'll walk in and be on the ship with almost no waiting. If you show up at 10:30 with a 12:30 PAT, you're going to wait in the terminal.[/quote']

This! And yes, I can confirm that they DO tie the boarding number to your selected PAT. My last Fantasy cruise I got the earliest possible PAT knowing I was taking Disney transportation from MCO to the port and planned to be on the first bus. There was a family on my same bus who had a PAT that was much later (they were allowed in the terminal being on Disney Transportation) and when they checked in received a much later (I want to say 24 or 25) boarding group. (They were at the check-in station next to mine and got loud about the high boarding group number, so I couldn't help but hear.) When they questioned their number, the CM calmly explained that the boarding group was explicitly tied to the selected PAT and not actual port arrival.

So yes, if your PAT is 12:30 and you arrive at 10:30, you WILL be waiting longer to board than others arriving with or possibly after who who arrived closer to their PAT.

This! And yes, I can confirm that they DO tie the boarding number to your selected PAT. My last Fantasy cruise I got the earliest possible PAT knowing I was taking Disney transportation from MCO to the port and planned to be on the first bus. There was a family on my same bus who had a PAT that was much later (they were allowed in the terminal being on Disney Transportation) and when they checked in received a much later (I want to say 24 or 25) boarding group. (They were at the check-in station next to mine and got loud about the high boarding group number, so I couldn't help but hear.) When they questioned their number, the CM calmly explained that the boarding group was explicitly tied to the selected PAT and not actual port arrival.

So yes, if your PAT is 12:30 and you arrive at 10:30, you WILL be waiting longer to board than others arriving with or possibly after who who arrived closer to their PAT.

And, sadly, if they'd been polite about their displeasure at the high number, and just asked about the possibility of getting it changed, they probably would have gotten a lower number.

• 7 years later...

What if two members have different status? My wife is Platinum and I am Gold. When online checking in and other things, whose status makes the decisions?  My wife took my daughter on a cruise for her graduation so she is ahead of me. 😃
Example. Will we get priority boarding because she is Platinum or will they consider my gold instead?

2 hours ago, Mister Kim said:

What if two members have different status? My wife is Platinum and I am Gold. When online checking in and other things, whose status makes the decisions?  My wife took my daughter on a cruise for her graduation so she is ahead of me. 😃
Example. Will we get priority boarding because she is Platinum or will they consider my gold instead?

The highest status in the room dictates the booking and check-in times. As long as you and your wife are in the same stateroom, you will be able to do online check-in, including choosing a port arrival time, at the date for Platinum Castaway members (38 days before the cruise). 

Note that as of a few years ago, Platinum guests do have to choose a Port Arrival Time, although Pearl members do not.