Silhouette - tips and tricks?

2calgarycruisers

Imagine that? Not asking you would never know? At least I got the guts to say MyBad (sorry)

to be on a ship, not to explore you will miss out on just about anything. If you don't ask you get exactly that nodda

Gopro63

don, Have you checked tge fee/free status of the a Relaxation room since CanyonRanch took over? They told us it was not open to all, but that was just after they took over from Steiner and seemed very much unsure of what was what

Edited by WestLakeGirl

This is interesting . In a thread titled " Persian Garden Fees " from June 25 of this year, in post # 9, our Celebrity Cruises presence wrote

"The Persian Gardens and relaxation Room is complementary for AquaClass guests only"

I know it's used as a waiting area for those who have booked spa appointments, but can anyone just walk in there now i.e. If you don't have a spa appointment and aren't booked Aqua , is it open for you to use?

We have not had luck, but we have used the safety vest bins under the bed upside down as foot stools. They work well. Even better with the vests on top of the bins as cushions.

What a great tip. I will be doing this on my next cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is interesting . In a thread titled " Persian Garden Fees " from June 25 of this year, in post # 9, our Celebrity Cruises presence wrote

"The Persian Gardens and relaxation Room is complementary for AquaClass guests only"

I know it's used as a waiting area for those who have booked spa appointments, but can anyone just walk in there now i.e. If you don't have a spa appointment and aren't booked Aqua , is it open for you to use?

The last few times we were there anyone could come in, no one enforced it. Also, it doesn't say exclusive access which used to be the wording. I compare this to the old wording in the Concierge Cabins where they said you had access to the Concierge. They didn't tell you that everyone on the ship had access. They also didn't enforce the quiet zone like they used to.

Edited by dkjretired

don, Have you checked tge fee/free status of the a Relaxation room since CanyonRanch took over? They told us it was not open to all, but that was just after they took over from Steiner and seemed very much unsure of what was what

Yup, been there and no one enforced anything, this was after Canyon Ranch took over.

1) if you joined the RCCL Crown and Anchor you will receive equivalent status in the Celebrity Captain's Club. Not a whole lot for classic status but worth checking out.

2) If you have a drink package, be sure to search the forum for more details on what you get. Although I love the free wine, the coffees, bottled water, soft drinks are also appreciated.

3) Relaxing breakfast in the Aqua Spa Cafe. Free and healthy.

4) complimentary glass of Mimosa or Champage upon boarding.

Whenever I am on a Celebrity ship, I like to see their gold coin which is encased in lucite and in a secret niche somewhere different on each ship. You have to ask the Captain or Staff Captain to show you the River Styx Coin and, by tradition, they must show it to you. You must take an oath not to reveal the location to anyone. It is all a sailor's traditional lore and is quite inspiring.

Whenever I am on a Celebrity ship, I like to see their gold coin which is encased in lucite and in a secret niche somewhere different on each ship. You have to ask the Captain or Staff Captain to show you the River Styx Coin and, by tradition, they must show it to you. You must take an oath not to reveal the location to anyone. It is all a sailor's traditional lore and is quite inspiring.

Think I will check that out!! Sounds intriguing.... my cruisemates will think I'm crazy :D

2calgarycruisers, I recently searched for Silhouette tips for friends and found these:

*Have a sailaway drink at the beautiful Sunset Bar (Deck 15).

*Enjoy the Martini Bar.

*Enjoy the caged birds.

*Check out the Lawn Club Grill for a great filet, lamb chops.

*Have a picnic on the lawn, feel the grass in your toes at sea!

*The Passport Bar is a good spot for a before dinner cocktail (not busy like the Martini Bar, if you'd like some quiet for a change). It's the least visited bar on the ship.

*Rather than the Oceanview Cafe, try the burgers/hotdogs at Mast Grill (Deck 12).

Royal Caribbean Diamond status provides Elite status on Celebrity.

2calgarycruisers, I recently searched for Silhouette tips for friends and found these:

Just to add to above, very often your roll call will have an informal sailaway party at the Sunset Bar. Often a lot of fun.

There are tips - but you have to set your search to any date, not the default which is either 6 months or 1 year.

The attached hints & tips were collected in 2012 and updated in 2014. If you would like, you can copy and paste them into the CC website because they came from the website. I added some fancying but didn't change anything. I think I gave credit to the people posting.

Beth

That pdf is a great thing to print out. Thanks for the work you put into it.

During the afternoon on sea days when they serve tea, make sure to go and try it. Little sandwiches and desserts. The scones, strawberry sauce and whip cream are a real treat.

If you have a concierge cabin, they leave fruit daily. Last several times the oranges were fantastic. We asked our cabin server to just bring them, every time. If you ask politely they are always happy to help.

During the afternoon on sea days when they serve tea, make sure to go and try it. Little sandwiches and desserts. The scones, strawberry sauce and whip cream are a real treat.

If you have a concierge cabin, they leave fruit daily. Last several times the oranges were fantastic. We asked our cabin server to just bring them, every time. If you ask politely they are always happy to help.

Yum! Where is the served? We don't have a concierge cabin, just a balcony but I'm assuming they have fresh fruit on the buffet?

*Enjoy the Martini Bar.

*Enjoy the caged birds.

*Check out the Lawn Club Grill for a great filet, lamb chops.

*Have a picnic on the lawn, feel the grass in your toes at sea!

*The Passport Bar is a good spot for a before dinner cocktail (not busy like the Martini Bar, if you'd like some quiet for a change). It's the least visited bar on the ship.

*Rather than the Oceanview Cafe, try the burgers/hotdogs at Mast Grill (Deck 12).

Royal Caribbean Diamond status provides Elite status on Celebrity.

The lawn intrigues me - where are the caged birds? On the Oasis I really liked Central Park because there were live plants and trees, chirping birds - so I think I'll enjoy this.

Unfortunately we're not yet diamond and they don't recognize anything below that.

The tea is served in the cafeteria. Check your Dailys and you will see it listed. I believe it starts about 2 or 3pm

The lawn intrigues me - where are the caged birds? On the Oasis I really liked Central Park because there were live plants and trees, chirping birds - so I think I'll enjoy this.

I had only read about the 'caged birds' (and assumed they were real), so I did a search tonight and came across this post, lol:

Next to Bistro on 5 is an art installation that always brings a smile- the video birds in their cages.

24315768744_f156d07916_b.jpg