Can princess upgrade your cabin without your permission????

portcbob

That's the point: Princess has no way of knowing your preferences.

I think they do when I book a specific cabin. That's my preference. I wouldn't be booking that cabin if I did not want it.

Once I give them a cabin number, I expect that to be my cabin. I will be flipping if they change it because someone at Princess thinks I might want a different cabin.

I don't think I should have to check my reservation on a weekly basis, especially for cruises I have booked long in advance. Honestly, if they switched us out of our aft cabins, we would cancel. We book them because that is where we want to be. Especially on long cruises.

I think they do when I book a specific cabin. That's my preference. I wouldn't be booking that cabin if I did not want it.

Once I give them a cabin number, I expect that to be my cabin. I will be flipping if they change it because someone at Princess thinks I might want a different cabin.

I don't think I should have to check my reservation on a weekly basis, especially for cruises I have booked long in advance. Honestly, if they switched us out of our aft cabins, we would cancel. We book them because that is where we want to be. Especially on long cruises.

as i mentioned in post # 5 anyone can be moved for operational reasons if something is wrong with that cabin so they would give you something else

Do you have your reservation clearly marked for NO UPGRADES and Do Not Move?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As stated above still possible to get moved. :(

But at least noting NO Upgrade in your reservation they may pick on someone else. Failure to put that in your reservation leaves the possibility wide open to weird upgrades that are really a down grade in disquise!

No upgrade only reduces your chances of being moved, but the reality is the contract that you agree to pretty much means Princess can move you if they have some reason they feel they need to. Personally I've never been moved with no upgrade marked, but people have definitely had it happen.

We specifically booked one of the forward deluxe balconies on Regal, which are "technically" an obstructed balcony. Brains at Princess could think it an upgrade to move us to ANY unobstructed balcony (and on Regal, that would mean a TINY balcony). I will not be a happy camper, so we are marked no upgrade. Have to say they have never moved us when the reservation was marked that way, so I'm not overly concerned. :) But people who leave themselves open to an upgrade need to understand very clearly that YOUR idea of an upgrade and the cruise line's idea of an upgrade may be vastly different! :cool: