What has changed in 4yrs

To cut down on sharing, it used to be that all occupants of the cabin had to buy the package - now you no longer have to. If you are the only with the package your wife needs to buy her own drinks and not use the ones from your package.

Got it! I kind of figured that but when was this enforced? I went on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in 2005 and I don't remember them enforcing that. Also my last RC cruise in 2012 or 2013 can't remember.

Got it! I kind of figured that but when was this enforced? I went on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in 2005 and I don't remember them enforcing that. Also my last RC cruise in 2012 or 2013 can't remember.

The beverage packages have only been around for a year or two.

The beverage packages have only been around for a year or two.

Wow, two years (for RR, SP, PP, and UP)... seems longer than that. But looking back at my cards, first one was May 2014. Every card since has had one.

As a Diamond member, three drink coupons are loaded onto your SeaPass daily for use during the DL cocktail hours at most bars around the ship. They are only valid during that time and expire daily. Unlimited cocktails are also available as usual in the DL during that time.

All other tier level coupons are also loaded on your SeaPass v having the paper coupon books.

This is great news! It's been 4 years since we have been on RC and we will be traveling with our 4 year old. We know he is too young to go in the DL, so we figured we would lose out on this benefit on our upcoming Allure cruise. Now we can enjoy a complimentary cocktail while hanging out with our son!

You cannot share. Your drink purchase is tracked, there is a time limit between purchases and you cannot get two drinks at the same time. We recently had friends that lost the use of the drink package they got "caught" trying to use one package for both of them.

You may be clever, cunning and devious and get away with it, but they did not.

Edited by TEXASMUNK

You cannot share. Your drink purchase is tracked, there is a time limit between purchases and you cannot get two drinks at the same time. We recently had friends that lost the use of the drink package they got "caught" trying to use one package for both of them.

You may be clever, cunning and devious and get away with it, but they did not.

wow! if you don't mind sharing, can you tell us what happened when they got caught? how did they get caught and what was the response from the staff? I know they lost the package, but there are some people who still believe that they are slicker than that slickster and it won't happen to them! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The wine is 2 750 ml per stateroom

The beer and champagne is available during cocktail hrs (brand I am not sure)

Also if you do purchase a drink package, not everyone in the cabin has to purchase one...

Really ? That would be great as I'm not a bigger drinker but my partner does like a drink

Thank you everyone especially Merion Mom 👍

Couple of questions in the DL is it unlimited drinks or just your 3 free drinks during cocktail hrs ?

Is it buy 1 get 1 free wine/beer ( shown in the menu seapass ) for the whole of the cruise or just one off ?

Couple of questions in the DL is it unlimited drinks or just your 3 free drinks during cocktail hrs ?

Is it buy 1 get 1 free wine/beer ( shown in the menu seapass ) for the whole of the cruise or just one off ?

If you are a fish and behave they run there legs off to serve you :)

once only for all the offers

regards Trouble

Unlimited drinks in the DL, plus 3 drinks elsewhere. Except for the discount on stateroom phone, all coupons are single use.

You may have as many drinks as you like in the Lounge during the cocktail hours.

Any offer on the C&A letter of benefits is a one-time offer.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

Watch for offers on the internet package, we got a buy one get one free internet package about a week before sailing on the oasis. The high speed was really fast, what an improvement. The menu is certainly reduced and we found the food more repetitive, I think escargot were on the menu every single night. Not as much variety and the food quality was not as good. It had been four years for us as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Watch for offers on the internet package, we got a buy one get one free internet package about a week before sailing on the oasis. The high speed was really fast, what an improvement. The menu is certainly reduced and we found the food more repetitive, I think escargot were on the menu every single night. Not as much variety and the food quality was not as good. It had been four years for us as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

wow, really??? When was your sailing?

I think it's important to stress that while there has been a lot of changes, mostly not for the better, I would still take a cruise vacation over a land based one any day. It can be difficult because when you are "wowed" on your first ever sailing, any subsequent cruises you take you are bound to spot little things that you either didn't notice or simply weren't present on your first sailing. As such, it's very difficult for a subsequent identical sailing to match up to your "first." It is possible of course, but it's unlikely! Go and enjoy your cruise for what it is and if you enjoy it, take another, and another and so on, until you stop enjoying them for whatever reason. It's then that you should consider a different line or a different vacation. I'm not a Royal "fan club" member, it's just the way I see it. Enjoy your cruise :)!

I think it's important to stress that while there has been a lot of changes, mostly not for the better, I would still take a cruise vacation over a land based one any day. It can be difficult because when you are "wowed" on your first ever sailing, any subsequent cruises you take you are bound to spot little things that you either didn't notice or simply weren't present on your first sailing. As such, it's very difficult for a subsequent identical sailing to match up to your "first." It is possible of course, but it's unlikely! Go and enjoy your cruise for what it is and if you enjoy it, take another, and another and so on, until you stop enjoying them for whatever reason. It's then that you should consider a different line or a different vacation. I'm not a Royal "fan club" member, it's just the way I see it. Enjoy your cruise :)!

Absolutely true. My first cruise still the best.

My cruises just keep getting better and better.

If not, why keep sailing?

:)

I still love cruising of course, but what I mean is I notice more of the little "not so wow" things now, in comparison to my first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums