Dining Question

Muumuu

This is my biggest complaint about the MDR on all cruises.... no salad as a main course! The side salads as appetizers are okay, but not what I want. And the caesar salad is yuck, IMHO.

I told my husband last cruise that I wanted to eat at the buffet one night just so I could do it but he wanted to eat in the MDR. I lost that battle but not next time! (At home, I make really great salads for dinner, especially in summer, at least 2 nights per week... )

This is my biggest complaint about the MDR on all cruises.... no salad as a main course! The side salads as appetizers are okay, but not what I want. And the caesar salad is yuck, IMHO.

I told my husband last cruise that I wanted to eat at the buffet one night just so I could do it but he wanted to eat in the MDR. I lost that battle but not next time! (At home, I make really great salads for dinner, especially in summer, at least 2 nights per week... )

If you are a salad fanatic, the buffet is the way to go. Many choices to "build your own" creation

Edited by First and Ten

That sounds like the conversations my DW and I have. She would not mind eating in the buffet every night, mostly because she likes to make her own salad and see exactly what she puts into it. I like the MDR.

We have generally compromised by eating at the buffet whichever "formal" night is not "lobster" night and maybe one other night on the cruise. I think on one of our cruises, I ate without her at the MDR one night while she went to the buffet.

I am a salad addict. Love it.

In MDR can you order a large salad like you would get at the buffet?

All I would like are greens, tomatoes and cuke. Would order the grilled chicken to go with it.

I do this myself on every cruise.

There always seems to be a night or two that nothing on the menu "floats my boat." On those nights, I ask my server for two salads (I like all the veggies that come in it) and grilled salmon. This has never been an issue. The salmon comes on top of the giant salad.

Order away. Enjoy.

I've had many appetizers as my main course. If they're not big enough, order two or three. Can always mix and match. It's rare that a pre plated salad is exactly to our specifications.

As for your MDR issue, could always eat apart then join up later ;) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN