Anyone ever cancel FTTF?

poobears

Just wondering how long it takes to credit back to your debit or credit card. I cancelled FTTF and also cancelled the cruise it was for. I know I lost the deposit for the cruise since it was booked during an early saver reduced deposit special but I assume the $59.95 I was charged for FTTF is refundable since I don't see any fine print saying it isn't.

Just wondering how long it takes to credit back to your debit or credit card. I cancelled FTTF and also cancelled the cruise it was for. I know I lost the deposit for the cruise since it was booked during an early saver reduced deposit special but I assume the $59.95 I was charged for FTTF is refundable since I don't see any fine print saying it isn't.

That is true, just like all excursions, it is refundable. I haven't done it, but typically 7-10 days for a refund is the time frame.

Also, as long as you are outside the final payment date for your cruise, you only lost $50 pp. The rest is held by Carnival as a credit against a future cruise taken within 24 months. I hope that's the case for you (I hate to see people losing money, it's so hard to earn)!

Edited by Schoifmom

That is true, just like all excursions, it is refundable. I haven't done it, but typically 7-10 days for a refund is the time frame.

Also, as long as you are outside the final payment date for your cruise, you only lost $50 pp. The rest is held by Carnival as a credit against a future cruise taken within 24 months. I hope that's the case for you (I hate to see people losing money, it's so hard to earn)!

So if I cancel an excursion, I will get a full refund?

Edited by kylesplash

Please tell me you were on the October 9th Dream cruise

So if I cancel an excursion, I will get a full refund?

Cancellation/Refund Guidelines

Online Shore Tour Cancellations

Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board.

In the event of online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.

The guest will receive an email confirmation of the cancellation.

If prior to sailing, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive an email advisory and the form of payment used to purchase the tour will be refunded in full; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.

On Board Shore Tour Cancellations

After the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure), cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:

*25% charge once on board

*100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port

*Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a refundable On Board Credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.

*If during the cruise, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive a refundable On Board Credit applied to his/her Sail & Sign account.

Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

Booking Cancellations

Pre-Sail excursions are fully refundable on those bookings that cancel prior to the sail date.

In the event of a 'no-show' booking, a refund will automatically be processed back to the form of payment used to secure the order after the voyage has ended.

Yeah I had 3 of us booked on the $49 deposit sale or whatever it was so lost that, which I knew I would. I've never cancelled one before but knew I'd lose the ES special deposits. I intentionally didn't pay anymore on it since it I wasn't sure if we were going to take it with all the issues Dream has been having. I learned about them right after booking UGH. For me it's just not worth paying that much money for a cruise that more than likely going to have some kind of port issues, there's always a chance of issues but why take one that is almost guaranteed so I'll rebook us on a different ship

We have one over Halloween and planning one for March also so that will make missing the Dec one easier.

Thanks for the info.

Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board.

Awesome, thanks for the prompt reply. I had looked on the site, just not in the right place.

I booked an all inclusive excursion, but now I am planning on getting cheers!, so the all inclusive is a bit excessive now.

I cancelled a FTTF last year because family booked after us and they had never cruised before so we wanted to board with them - first I went onto my Roll Call and gave them a heads up that a FTTF would becoming available and then I cancelled the FTTF.

The refund showed up on my credit card 3 - 4 days later, it came quicker than I thought it would. :)

I don't recall whether I got an email or not, but my DD had to cancel her cruise which included a cabana at Half Moon Cay and so she cancelled the cabana first to make sure that refund came though before cancelling her booking. She did get an email confirming the cancellation of the cabana and a full refund for that.

In the event of online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.

The guest will receive an email confirmation of the cancellation.

If prior to sailing, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive an email advisory and the form of payment used to purchase the tour will be refunded in full; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.

On Board Shore Tour Cancellations

After the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure), cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:

*25% charge once on board

*100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port

*Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a refundable On Board Credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.

*If during the cruise, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive a refundable On Board Credit applied to his/her Sail & Sign account.

Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

Booking Cancellations

Pre-Sail excursions are fully refundable on those bookings that cancel prior to the sail date.

In the event of a 'no-show' booking, a refund will automatically be processed back to the form of payment used to secure the order after the voyage has ended.

These guidelines are not followed, or weren't last week on the Breeze. We booked a zip line excursion in Roatan, and the night before, our daughter began to feel bad. We got off the ship approximately an hour and a half prior to the excursion and she felt worse, so we walked back to the ship and she rested the rest of the day. I went to GS to see if anything could be done, the lady said come back to Excursion Desk at 6 and you will be given a full credit, no problem. I did just that, the gentleman took the tickets and promptly credited our account for $239 and change. Had they not, I was willing to eat the cost because my daughter didn't feel well. They didn't have to do it, but I was super impressed they did.

Others results may vary....:D:D

I have booked it a few times, and have one booked again for next cruise.

One time, I thought that I did not need it, and after a few weeks, decided to cancel, and put my vacation money to better use.

Then Air Canada had a schedule change, and moved my return flight up by 1 and a 1/2 hrs. So now I was worried that I would not get off the ship in time to make the flight. I rebooked it.....and it had gone up by 10.00 LOL! That taught me good!:D

But to answer your question, the refund was on my cred card pretty quick, I would say also about 3-5 days.

I got an email the next day after cancelling. It said 5-7 business days for credit card and that they would send a new gift card if that was the payment method. Just cancelled on Saturday, so I can't yet say how fast it will be.

You get your $$ back.