Cc site not working well due to some ads on my computer

geocruiser

Some of the ads are causing my computer to freeze/ not load the page right on the Princess board and other boards. Especially the coffee ad. Now I turn the sound off on CC and don't click on any adds because of this. This happens even if I don't click on a ad. .Also, it is just so annoying that I get off of CC and go to another site. Any one else having this trouble? May be I should get a ad blocker? If I do, it might block ads that I want to read.

My computer works great on other site. I am using windows 10.

I think the ads are 'Google ads' and are shown based on recent search history, rather than being CC ads, the ones currently being shown to me are skiing/mountain related.

Also running W10 with a mix of Edge, IE11 and Chrome and do not have any issues.

Some of the ads are causing my computer to freeze/ not load the page right on the Princess board and other boards. Especially the coffee ad. Now I turn the sound off on CC and don't click on any adds because of this. This happens even if I don't click on a ad. .Also, it is just so annoying that I get off of CC and go to another site. Any one else having this trouble? May be I should get a ad blocker? If I do, it might block ads that I want to read.

My computer works great on other site. I am using windows 10.

Ditto

Seems worse lately

Srpilo

RocketMan275 & Thrak I am going to get one of the blockers that you suggested. I hope that it helps.

Colo Cruiser,

Thanks for giving me the link. I posted on that thread and when I went to search for it I could not find it, the adds were getting in the way of my search.

I use Adblock Plus and never see those ads on the Princess site nor do I see any ads here on Cruise Critic.

I also use Adblock Plus with the screen expanded so I never see anything to the side. (which when I check is always blank anyway). Adblock Plus is beginning to not work on all websites the way it originally did but for the majority of them it's fine.

RocketMan275 & Thrak I am going to get one of the blockers that you suggested. I hope that it helps.

Colo Cruiser,

Thanks for giving me the link. I posted on that thread and when I went to search for it I could not find it, the adds were getting in the way of my search.

Be advised that sites that depend on ad revenue are getting smarter. Sometimes you will encounter sites that will tell you that they have detected an adblocker and won't display anything until you pause the adblocker. For example, the port cameras at Fort Lauderdale do that. I've found that I can pause ad blocker and they will allow me to access the site. Once in, you can unpause ad blocker and it will go back to work.

Be advised that sites that depend on ad revenue are getting smarter. Sometimes you will encounter sites that will tell you that they have detected an adblocker and won't display anything until you pause the adblocker. For example, the port cameras at Fort Lauderdale do that. I've found that I can pause ad blocker and they will allow me to access the site. Once in, you can unpause ad blocker and it will go back to work.

I just want to be able to use CC site with out the trouble that I have been having. I don't mind the ads in the past and I did click on the ads a lot before this started to happen. Now they have lost me with these ads. Thanks for the info about the web cams.

Sounds exactly like what I do. :D:D

CNN likes to block their web sites if you open up pages using a new tab but if you go directly to the page it'll still work even with adblocker on. :confused: