Australia/NZ options & deals

Spending one day/night in Auckland. We were going to fly right back but seemed a shame. We've never taking this much time off work, H is in a panic already. Any ideas- is there a nice Marriott? H spends 50 or so days in these a year. I'm thinking we tour the city, go to dinner? What else?

Spending one day/night in Auckland. We were going to fly right back but seemed a shame. We've never taking this much time off work, H is in a panic already. Any ideas- is there a nice Marriott? H spends 50 or so days in these a year. I'm thinking we tour the city, go to dinner? What else?

Sebel on Albert street is a nice and handy location, close to the cruise dock for walking (with luggage) and they can have some nice discounts occasionally.

It is mega expensive but most of the Australia/NZ sailings were unless you went during shoulder season.

Yes, cruising down here isn't cheap. Partly because most of the itineraries are longer - we don't get many 7 night cruises as most of the popular destinations (NZ, South Pacific) take a couple days of sailing to get there from Australia.

The downtown city and waterfront area in Auckland is really nice. There isn't a Marriott in Auckland but there is a Sofitel at Viaduct Harbour and they are very nice hotels. There is also a Hilton, right on Princes Wharf where Solstice docks.

If you can squeeze an extra day in Auckland, I recommend a day trip to Waiheke Island. Otherwise go across in the ferry to Devonport for a couple of hours.

It is mega expensive but most of the Australia/NZ sailings were unless you went during shoulder season. It's the most expensive vacation I've every taken, but hey we're worth it- ha ha.

Prices are on the up everywhere in peak seasons.

You still get the bargains, but they tend to be either off-peak or when the ship/itinerary isn't popular.