wine limited in MDR on drink packages?

2calgarycruisers

Just read on a cruise review on Silhouette that they were limited to "two pours", their language not mine so not sure how much this is, then they were charged per glass? I haven't sailed Celebrity before and don't remember reading this anywhere - have sailed on RCL before and this certainly never happened. In fact, I prefer smaller glasses to pair with what I eat....

Edited by 2calgarycruisers

It's been two years since we have sailed, but we had no issues getting multiple pours in the MDR. Since our entire table had the same drink package, we should just get multiple bottles on the table and would be replenished if needed. I really hope that the two pours is not policy, or we will be very disappointed on Monday!

Definitely not our experience last week on Eclipse. Several more than 2 every night, often a different one with each course as advised by our Sommelier. We're sure some of them were better than we should have been getting on the classic package & by the 2nd week the bottle was left on the table. Maybe we were just lucky

sorry, reread - they were not on a drink package I guess - still not understanding the "pour" - maybe just a wine taster?

As for the highly pushed beverage packages, we found unless you drink 6 or more drinks per day per person or want high tier alcohol, or fancy cocktails, it was not a good deal. We generally had a gin and tonic cocktail before our 8:30 dinner seating and had the wine specials featured on the nighty menu. You will get 2 pours each from the sommelier. If he asks if you want more, then you are charged for an additional glass. Wine generally cost us a total of $20-$40 per couple per night depending on whether or not we had asked for more wine beyond the 2 pours each. You could also purchase a bottle for about $40 for inexpensive bottles. Celebrity allows you to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine upon embarkation only so we bought 2 bottles from the Duty Free shop and enjoyed drinks on our veranda. (Don't forget your corkscrew!)

I'm still confused. We have the included Classic beverage package. Can we get more than two glasses each at dinner? Is Moscato included in our package?

Thanks!

Yes, there is no limit on the number of drinks. The OP misread the review - the reviewer did not have a beverage package & we commenting on a nightly wine special :confused:

I can't help with the Moscato question as I have never looked for that.

Edited by jelayne

Yes, there is no limit on the number of drinks. The OP misread the review - the reviewer did not have a beverage package & we commenting on a nightly wine special :confused:

Thank you for the clarity :):)

With the drink package on the Solstice this year, after the first night or two, the wine steward just left the bottle on the table for us. If he noticed our glasses close to empty, he refilled them. If he wasn't around when we were ready, we refilled the glasses ourselves. And...that was in Select Dining with us sitting in the same section each evening. It's probably more likely to happen in traditional dining.

I have never heard of the limit, either but limitations to the wine included in the classic package.

One of our table mates liked Muscato wine and asked for it. No, it was not available. You might like to try a port wine if you don't mind red. It is meant to be an after dinner drink but similar to muscato in sweetness. There was one included in the classic package that was pretty good.

I have never heard of the limit, either but limitations to the wine included in the classic package.

One of our table mates liked Muscato wine and asked for it. No, it was not available. You might like to try a port wine if you don't mind red. It is meant to be an after dinner drink but similar to muscato in sweetness. There was one included in the classic package that was pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestion. Royal had two Moscatos that were in the package we bought. Moscato also comes in pink and red. Beringer carries it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Royal had two Moscatos that were in the package we bought. Moscato also comes in pink and red. Beringer carries it.

Good to know ... although, is this on the Celebrity thread? I may be posting on the wrong site. My friend that asked about the Muscato was on the Equinox and it was not available.