Coffee card?

Pjran

I'm sure someone will know but is it possible to buy a coffee card without having to purchase the full nonalcoholic package please? The cost for the classic package is about £400 for our 13 night Eclipse cruise and I'm not sure if that included the 18% gratuity.

We would need to drink an awful lot of coffee to make that package worth while!

Thank you.

Edited by Pjran

Sorry no coffee card. Remember the non alcoholic package also includes a good selection of soft drinks and we always found we got our monies worth. By the time you had a couple of coffees and 2 or 3 soft drinks you have covered the cost.

For example; 1 coffee in the morning, bottled water to go off on a port visit, coffee on return, soft drink or two sat on deck pre dinner, coffee post dinner and another soft drink and you are well in credit.

However, you can just see how you go for a few days and see what you spend and if you find you are exceeding the cost of the daily package then buy the package for the remainder of the cruise. I think you can buy the package at any time up until the last 3 days.

If you search this forum you will find costs for the soft drinks and the coffees so you could get an idea. You can of course get free coffee in the Ocean View but it is not the barista style.

I was hoping that Celebrity had introduced a card like Princess ships use. On Princess you can have filter coffee free in their cafe if you are a card holder or you use one punch of your card for a speciality coffee.

Cruise lines often copy other lines offers or enhance them but appears Celebrity are not adopting this one.

Cruise lines often copy other lines offers or enhance them but appears Celebrity are not adopting this one.

I did notice that Princess copied Celebrity's beverage package in an email that Princess sent me. :)

The Coffee Card is one of my favourite things about Princess. The inclusive 'free' drinks packages on Celebrity - and I had one on my last cruise and have them on my next three - are totally wasted on me; and I'm happier with water over soft drinks. Luckily DH makes up for my lack of alcohol enthusiasm ;)

We have enjoyed the free Classic Package on many cruises now. My non-drinking sister is always with us. She enjoys the bottled water and diet sodas. Every evening, we stop by Cafe al Bacio to pick up a chamomile tea at bedtime. If the complimentary package were not being offered, she would certainly not buy it but she has learned to put it to good use.

On a positive note, apparently celebrity's free coffee is better then princesses. So I heard. I not a huge coffee drinker, but love the princess card also, primarily not for the free coffee, but discount on the good stuff.

Agreed on the coffee - it is better than Princess. :D

However, this brings up a question:

On our last Reflection cruise it was LaVazza brand Italian coffee. I don't know if that was because we were sailing in the Mediterranean? The Reflection had this wonderful coffee station mid ship by the staterooms, so handy!

We are going to Alaska in 3 weeks, this time on the Infinity (can't see any handy coffee stations on the map :( ) and would love to know if Celebrity always has that brand of coffee or if it will differ in North America?

Anyone know?

I was hoping that Celebrity had introduced a card like Princess ships use. On Princess you can have filter coffee free in their cafe if you are a card holder or you use one punch of your card for a speciality coffee.

Unlike Pricess who uses syrup (ugh) for the free coffee int he buffet etc, Celevrity uses beans (Verazzano lately I think, which I find quite good) So unless you need Double Espressos all day there is really no need for the pkg or the or a card.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure someone will know but is it possible to buy a coffee card without having to purchase the full nonalcoholic package please? The cost for the classic package is about £400 for our 13 night Eclipse cruise and I'm not sure if that included the 18% gratuity.

We would need to drink an awful lot of coffee to make that package worth while!

Thank you.

Pjran,

I am not sure if this is being done on Eclipse or other ships, but we are on Reflection now and they have a flyer in the day one paper outlining the beverage packages. It has a box with the following:

Celebrity Reflection Exclusive**********

Coffee package available for use in Cafe Al Bacio. Includes unlimited expresso based drinks (up to $5.50). US $12/ a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Reflection had this wonderful coffee station mid ship by the staterooms, so handy!

We are going to Alaska in 3 weeks, this time on the Infinity (can't see any handy coffee stations on the map :( )

Anyone know?

Deck 7 by the hide away, still only on the Reflection.

Have you considered a drinks package as part of the go big,go better, go best promotions. For us kiwis to upgrade from go big to go better is on $NZ20 per day which is a significant saving at the onboard costs of drinks, or OBC