Table for 2 on Grand Princess

curleyjane

Is it easier to get a Table for 2 with Anytime Dining or Traditional Dining or does not really matter? I thought I read with Anytime Dining they put you with larger groups at tables.

Edited by curleyjane

TD it's a luck of the draw...probably the earlier you book the cruise (and request TD), the better your odds.

AT it's a question of supply and demand. If you go right when the MDR opens or after the crowds have thinned (perhaps 8:30 or later, as you'll have to wait for existing tables to finish their service), you're able to be seated quickly. By 5:45, 6:00 or so, they could be all in use, so you'll go "on the list" and will wait until those who arrived at 5:30 finish their dinner before they can start working their way down the list. You'll always have the option of sharing with others.

On our last cruise we had ATD. One night we arrived at the dining room and clearly told the guy at the door we were happy to share. We were surprised when he seated us at a table for two! Of course there was another table for two about a foot away... :rolleyes:

We ended up conversing with the couple next to us so it was a bit having a table for 4 which didn't bother us (or the other couple) at all. We enjoy sharing.

Hello!

I just got off the Grand last Saturday. My 15 yo son and I had anytime dining and almost always got a table for 2 with no wait. The only time we joined a larger table was the first formal night (the second one we went to Crown Grill), when we got to the dining room a little later than our usual and didn't want to wait for a 2 top. Our usual dining time was 5:30 (we never made reservations, though there was a line labeled "reservation" at the anytime dining room), because my son enjoyed the teen programs and they started back up at 7. The anytime dining room opened at 5 pm.

Enjoy!

Is it easier to get a Table for 2 with Anytime Dining or Traditional Dining or does not really matter? I thought I read with Anytime Dining they put you with larger groups at tables.

At anytime dining if you ask for a table for 2 you will get it. You will not have to go to a table you don't want at ATD.

Tony

Got off the Grand in May and our experience with ATD was if you wanted a table for 2 you might have to wait a few minutes but could walk right in if you wanted to share. About half the nights you could walk in and get a table for 2 without waiting. We never bothered to make a reservation and generally arrived between 5:30 and 7:00.

Edited by bigpuma

We always get a table for 2. We also tell them do not want to sit at the bench seats that are close together and we always get a separate table that is more comfortable. Sometimes it a 4 place and sometime a 2 place table. We tend to go latter and never really had to wait anymore then about 10 minutes.

Edited by mmckm

Doesn't seem to make much difference.

I should have added the obvious,

If you miss out on a table for two with Trad, you probably miss out for the whole cruise, if you get one you will have it for the whole cruise.

The opposite can apply to ATD it's the luck of the draw each night.

If it is real important to you, ask for Trad two top when you book, if close to sail date you don't have one ask to move to ATD.

If you miss out on a table for two with Trad, you probably miss out for the whole cruise, if you get one you will have it for the whole cruise.

The opposite can apply to ATD it's the luck of the draw each night.

Good point.

We always get a table for 2, sometimes its a 4 top and we have that to ourselves and always do ATD. We have never had a problem getting a nice table. We will not sit at the bench seats that are close together. I don't get why people think this is hard to come by. Wait time is usually about 5 minutes which we like to have a drink at the bar before dinner so usually sit at the international cafe get our drinks and wait till were almost done and go check if theirs a table available. Usually get a pager and when were done our drinks it goes off. We have been doing this since they first started anytime dinning.

For ATD I think it really depends on the cruise. The last California coastal cruise we did it seems that everyone was casual and wanted ATD If you lined up prior to the doors opening or you went later in the evening you did not have to wait for a table for 2. But on a number of evenings we went around 5:30 and were given a pager and waited, in some cases, close to an hour.