Rough Seas

Shogun

We are on emerald- during the night we had 'lumpy' seas as the captain insists on calling it. It wasn't too bad actually. There was no need for announcements about holding on to rails & staying safe. Our last trip was in 'storm katie' at Easter. Last night was nothing compared to that! Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on the Emerald. Stuck in Stavenger until noon tomorrow. Will be missing Flam. Obviously not happy but understand the reasons. Captain thinks he's on the Caribbean Princess for some reason.

Based on this thread sounds like its rough all over.

Hope the rest of the cruise is good.

Hi

So unusually to have such strong winds here at this time of year,

top of mountains recorded at 115miles per hour,

Missing Kirkwall on the Caribbean is a great shame as this would have been a highlight of the cruise along with the tattoo,

Now Emerald missing Flam, Flam is a great sail in but not a place to get stuck,

and for a ship the size of Emerald tight fjords not where you want to be in a gale,

Weather man says 24 hrs weather will be better,

Any word from Pacific Princess

yours Shogun

According to Orkney Aspects tours Caribbean cancelled their call in Kirkwall due to weather --they posted a photo --not a pretty site!

Hope we have better luck next May:D

Hi

So unusually to have such strong winds here at this time of year,

top of mountains recorded at 115miles per hour,

Missing Kirkwall on the Caribbean is a great shame as this would have been a highlight of the cruise along with the tattoo,

Now Emerald missing Flam, Flam is a great sail in but not a place to get stuck,

and for a ship the size of Emerald tight fjords not where you want to be in a gale,

Weather man says 24 hrs weather will be better,

Any word from Pacific Princess

yours Shogun

Glad to hear this seems unusual. Sailing on the Caribbean Friday, and I'm starting to get a bit nervous!

We will have a great time! I have my rain gear all ready from previous adventures and new waterproof walking shoes all ready to go. Even have a new hip :)

Hope some of that great attitude rubs off on me, already worrying about losing our money from OA if the ship doesn't dock. My DH says STOP WORRYING, of course he's right. Looking forward to a great cruise, we will make it Great:)

Hope some of that great attitude rubs off on me, already worrying about losing our money from OA if the ship doesn't dock. My DH says STOP WORRYING, of course he's right. Looking forward to a great cruise, we will make it Great:)

Just make sure OA costs are included in your travel insurance then you can relax. I'll be thrilled if we make it into all our ports --they all have so much to offer.

Hope we have better luck next May:D

I arrived for my May British Isles cruise in record cold weather in England. By the time I left two weeks later, they were having record heat. :confused:

Be prepared for both. We were adding layers at first, then peeling them off at the end. Boy, was it hot!