Best Short Cruise

twinsaj

The Paradise out of Tampa has a 4 day that ports in Cozumel and a 5 day to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. In 2017, Key West will be added to some of the itineraries.

Tampa usually has some great deals for airfare plus the hotels are reasonable. If you can squeeze in an extra day, Busch Gardens Tampa is just a few miles away.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Not sure if it's still offered but there used to be a 5 day out of Miami to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau that was pretty fun! And I don't think you can go wrong with the Key West-Cozumel 4 day out of Miami either!

We just did a B2B of two short cruises on the Conquest. A 5 day to Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk followed by a 4 day to Nassau and Freeport. I would book the 5 day with the same itinerary again in a heartbeat.

I booked the B2B because I was worried about the 5 day seeming too short, but that was not the case at all. HMC and Grand Turk are two relaxing beach days (in absolute paradise), and I think they helped make the cruise seem longer because we were not rushed by doing excursions.

ETA: just saw the post above mine. This cruise was out of Ft Lauderdale. Not sure what other ports/ships do this itinerary as well, but I highly recommend it also. The plus is that if you miss HMC because you can't tender, you still have Grand Turk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

We did a 5 day on the Fantasy to Freeport and Nassau from Charleston.

It was a fun cruise and I'd do it again. The only negatives about it were:

1. That the Fantasy is currently Carnivals oldest ships and it showed in a few places.

2. Just about all the water excursions were canceled the day before we got to Nassau because of the approaching Tropical Storm Earl(not the same Earl that just hit Mexico/Belize). We still docked in Nassau, but by the time we were scheduled to leave Earl decided to rapidly and unexpectedly intensify, was now twice the size and a full category 2 hurricane. The outer-bands were just starting to come ashore when we left and the next 6 hours were the rockiest I have ever experienced. I might add I never felt unsafe in fact didn't even see a drop of rain from it.

Our goal was this was to be the first in couple of cheap short 3,4 and 5 day cruises booked at the last minuet to reach our 10 cruises to get platinum, but it was right after this cruise they decided to switch from the number of cruises to to number of cruise days:(.

Edited by wo5m

1. That the Fantasy is currently Carnivals oldest ships and it showed in a few places.

2. Just about all the water excursions were canceled the day before we got to Nassau because of the approaching Tropical Storm Earl(not the same Earl that just hit Mexico/Belize). We still docked in Nassau, but by the time we were scheduled to leave Earl decided to rapidly and unexpectedly intensify, was now twice the size and a full category 2 hurricane. The outer-bands were just starting to come ashore when we left and the next 6 hours were the rockiest I have ever experienced. I might add I never felt unsafe in fact didn't even see a drop of rain from it.

Our goal was this was to be the first in couple of cheap short 3,4 and 5 day cruises booked at the last minuet to reach our 10 cruises to get platinum, but it was right after this cruise they decided to switch from the number of cruises to to number of cruise days:(.

I forgot to add, I'm a huge history fan and sailing right past Fort Sumter as we left Charleston, was a big deal for me as it was site of arguably one of the most important battles of the civil war.

Not sure when you sailed, but the Fantasy got some 2.0 upgrades in March. I don't think they did a major overhaul or anything drastic, but she looks pretty good for an old gal in my opinion.

We did a 4 day on the Freedom through Key West and Cozumel last month. It was a good, but my favorite cruise so far was the 5 day with stops in Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau. The ship was the Destiny right before she was revamped as the Sunshine. She was old and terribly worn out and still my favorite cruise due to the itinerary.

And I don't think you can go wrong with the Key West-Cozumel 4 day out of Miami either!

Getting ready to do this itinerary for the third time. We like to spend a day or two pre/post cruise in Miami so the four day is a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are more interested in the itinerary than the ship itself it is hard to beat Key West and Cozumel out of Miami. I don't know which ship is doing this trip now but typically it is a smaller (Fantasy) Class without all the bells and whistles. Great 2 ports though!:)

Edited by Frank12

If you are more interested in the itinerary than the ship itself it is hard to beat Key West and Cozumel out of Miami. I don't know which ship is doing this trip now but typically it is a smaller (Fantasy) Class without all the bells and whistles. Great 2 ports though!:)

That's the sad thing , wanna enjoy Key West ? Travel to Miami ! I see it changes up a bit in 2017 .But still Charleston and Jaxport are being deprived ,both could offer this port easily :confused:.

Not sure if it's still offered but there used to be a 5 day out of Miami to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau that was pretty fun! And I don't think you can go wrong with the Key West-Cozumel 4 day out of Miami either!

I agree! This was my favorite cruise, so far! Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are just beautiful!

As noted above, one of my favorites is "Paradise" out of Tampa. Great port, close to one of the best airports in the country. Fun cruise to Cozumel, and perhaps Grand Cayman. Lots of things to do in the Tampa area before, or perhaps after your cruise.

"SKY"

Fantasy is doing it and just got Guys, Blue Iguana, and Red Frog. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk