Atlantic Standard Time VS Eastern

ts548

Hello. Going on board the Grandeur of the Seas in a couple of weeks. Confirming all my off shore excursions and realized Canada is on Atlantic Standard Time. I have been on ships where they change the clocks, and some (actually most) where the ship stays on its current time. Does anyone have experience with the Grandeur in Canada this season? did it change or stay on East Coast time?

Can't help; sorry. Grandeur is in Halifax today, I notice.

You may already know this, but: I think Montreal & Quebec are on same time as NYC, but if you're going to Halifax, that will be an hour later. If you're going to Newfoundland (Corner Brook, for example), that will be a HALF hour later than Halifax. Weird, I know!

worldtimebuddy.com takes the mystery out of time changes.

Of course, those times are based on now, and I suppose it's possible a Canadian province could "fall back" or something. I don't know if they recognize daylight savings time as the U.S. does.

Edited by roothy123

You may already know this, but: I think Montreal & Quebec are on same time as NYC, but if you're going to Halifax, that will be an hour later. If you're going to Newfoundland (Corner Brook, for example), that will be a HALF hour later than Halifax. Weird, I know!

We prefer to say we are in the future. ;)

Hi there

I can't say for your cruise line (we are going on HAL) but I had the same question.

If nobody from cruise line say for sure, you can check (online) each ports' website. They will have a schedule for the cruise ships time in port. So that way you will be able to compare the time with the cruise lines itinerary.

As was already said Montreal & Quebec are on EST.

hope this helps

have a great cruise