Ship board credit from UK price increased

two_n_six

I see from the gifts by celebrity on the Celebrity UK website that the shipboard $25 credit price has increased from £17.30 to £18.80.

It was just a matter of time before the exchange rate was looked at, hopefully the exchange rate recovers for us on this side of the pond.

I see from the gifts by celebrity on the Celebrity UK website that the shipboard $25 credit price has increased from £17.30 to £18.80.

It was just a matter of time before the exchange rate was looked at, hopefully the exchange rate recovers for us on this side of the pond.

Yes I looked at it as well and saw the cost had increased. I can't imagine the exchange rate getting significantly better in the foreseeable future with everything that's happening over here at the moment but then again we can but hope.

Sandra

Still a good rate for anyone traveling soon. Perhaps not if it is a while before you travel ... hopefully ... pretty please ...

Yes it's a decrease but it has taken them nearly 5 weeks since market rates dropped to adjust their exchange rate. Luckily we grabbed some OBC at 1.44 a few weeks back. I think we will be stuck with the lower exchange rate until Brexit details are sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought at the £17.30 rate and my receipt shows this. However, my card has been charged with the new £18.80 rate. I await their response :rolleyes:

That is definitely not what should have happened. They have been extremely busy and not responding quickly to issues - of which there have been many because there is a computer issue with the amount of units being applied. (What an issue with Celebrity's computer systems:rolleyes:) If I was you, I would chase this error seriously as early as possible and not just expect an email to achieve the desired result.

That is definitely not what should have happened. They have been extremely busy and not responding quickly to issues - of which there have been many because there is a computer issue with the amount of units being applied. (What an issue with Celebrity's computer systems:rolleyes:) If I was you, I would chase this error seriously as early as possible and not just expect an email to achieve the desired result.

I also purchased at the old rate. Received the online order which was never actioned or collected from my credit card. I have emailed them a copy of the order which was dated in early July and await their comments.

I bought at the £17.30 rate and my receipt shows this. However, my card has been charged with the new £18.80 rate. I await their response :rolleyes:

This happened to me as well, I rang Celebrity Uk and they gave me an email address For the Miami office. The reason was given that as I booked through my agent in the states the OBC went through in dollars I told them I paid with a

Credit card in pounds.

I spoke to someone who was very helpful and she offered to make up the difference I was down with extra OBC, so I was quite happy with that. Dianne

Bought mine a few months ago.. Theres still an issue though with them showing the correct cash total but not the correct units amount on the amenity receipt ..

Contacted the Captains club and they confirmed its showing correctly on the system but for some bizarre reason known only to celebrity it can only list 2 items per receipt so if you add more than two blocks of 9 OBC it wont list - yet it will be reflected in the total.. Why is it most cruise lines have inept IT depts - its like they all use a system thats not made for the job.

Edited by ighten

You had me checking. I bought some on 8th July and it's been correctly charged and applied to my credit card account. Sorry some have had issues here and hope you get it sorted easily.

Phil

I usually call them to organise obc but decided, after your earlier post in what was probably a different thread, to use the online version. Got a print out of my order including the value of it in UK£ and thought I was sorted. I should have known better.

Bought mine a few months ago.. Theres still an issue though with them showing the correct cash total but not the correct units amount on the amenity receipt ..

Contacted the Captains club and they confirmed its showing correctly on the system but for some bizarre reason known only to celebrity it can only list 2 items per receipt so if you add more than two blocks of 9 OBC it wont list - yet it will be reflected in the total.. Why is it most cruise lines have inept IT depts - its like they all use a system thats not made for the job.

I had to query my order with the Suite Shore-side Concierge because I got no response otherwise. She manually created a correct Amenity Confirmation for me so that there would be no issues on board. I think, if I was you, I would ask the UK Captain's Club to do the same.

Some time ago and on a different cruise line, Cunard actually, I bought some OBC and it was charged at the rate of when I booked the cruise not the current exchange rate. To my delight it was in my favour.

Shame Celebrity don't do the same. Our cruise was booked many months ago when the rates were better for us uk passengers. With such a poor rate I'm seriously considering booking our next break with P&O, not as slick as Celebrity or Cunard.

Received my refund on the phone today. Mistake made yes, but resolved as soon as I queried it. Good customer service as usual from the Captains Club. Gordon, have you tried ringing them? I am close to sailing date so maybe that's why I had such a quick response.