Anthem reservation question

When will I find out if RCCL changed our dining and entertainment reservations? Upon embarkation or before? I understand that sometime RCCL will make changes. I have never been on a cruise that require some much pre-cruise reservations. Thanks.

When will I find out if RCCL changed our dining and entertainment reservations? Upon embarkation or before? I understand that sometime RCCL will make changes. I have never been on a cruise that require some much pre-cruise reservations. Thanks.

Our experience, when we did our cruises on Anthem this past April is that, if I had booked a show and there was a change, they sent an email prior to boarding.

We did Dynamic Dining Choice where I made reservations for each night prior to boarding. Nothing changed and we were able to view our reservations on the Royal IQ App once on board.

If you doing Dynamic Dining Classic, there is a set time to sign up for. Early is 5:30-6 and Late is 8:30 to 9.

Just to add about changes, we haven't had any changes, yet, to our Anthem reservations, but had multiple changes made to our Oasis reservations. We got an individual email for each change made and all of the emails ended up in my spam folder, so keep an eye on your spam folder.

If it were me, I would print out my planner from the web site, the day I leave for the cruise. If any problems arise, you are better covered...

....but before that, check your planner at least once a month and then weekly as you approach the sailing (and make changes as needed). Even if your planner lists something, RCI's infamous IT system may "lose" your reservation when they transfer the data to the ship, so the above is good advice.

Hello everyone,we are totally new to cruising and struggling to get to grips with the dining.We have booked on Anthem next Aug travelling from the UK we didnt understand the different options and have today found out we are booked on dynamic choice we have tried to change to classic without any luck,should we pushing to change or is choice likely to be ok?If we remain with choice are we able to book the restaurants?If so how and when, as we really dont want to miss out on these.

Hello everyone,we are totally new to cruising and struggling to get to grips with the dining.We have booked on Anthem next Aug travelling from the UK we didnt understand the different options and have today found out we are booked on dynamic choice we have tried to change to classic without any luck,should we pushing to change or is choice likely to be ok?If we remain with choice are we able to book the restaurants?If so how and when, as we really dont want to miss out on these.

DD Classic is DD Choice with a standing reservation (and the same table/waiter). You can accomplish the same thing (minus the table/waiter), but you must do it as soon as booking opens, which unfortunately can be at just about any time - you'll have to keep checking your planner. Join the roll call thread for your sailing and someone is likely to announce that dining is available for booking. The alternative is to ask whoever booked your cruise to put you on the DD Classic waitlist.

Edited by Biker19

Thanks for the info,so am I right in saying when the bookings open you can book your restaurants for the full cruise,what sort of times are available for this?Finally was wondering is there a general time when bookings open or is it just a case of continually checking?

Thanks for the info,so am I right in saying when the bookings open you can book your restaurants for the full cruise,what sort of times are available for this?Finally was wondering is there a general time when bookings open or is it just a case of continually checking?

For Anthem the opening of dining booking seems to vary a lot but definitely should be available like other ships inside 90 days (likely much further out). The available times are usually from 5:30PM to 9PM and the popular times around 7 go first. Like I said, someone in your roll call thread will likely announce the opening of dining booking (along with other things, like shows and other activities - which all could become available at different times).

Edited by Biker19