How long is the UBP (open bar) promotion on for?

rok233

Does anyone know long is the UBP (open bar) promotion on for? The NCL website states the FREE AT SEA promotion has only 5 days left. Will they still offer the UBP or is that promotion finished this week too?

While I don't know the answer to your question specifically, I don't think they'll stop a drink promotion, in some form, maybe ever. They've raised the price of the package so high, the masses will never buy it now. It's obvious their marketing department is moving toward an all inclusive experience, for those who want it.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

This will go on FOREVER! They have you paying for your drinks now. Unless you are a drunk, it doesn't pay.

Really? lol

So anyone who drinks the 18% gratuity charge a day worth of drinks is a drunk?

At the prices they charge, its very easy to have 2-3 drinks a day and exceed the charges you pay when you get UBP as a "free perk"

Huh? Are you actually saying that if someone drinks two drinks a day while on vacation they're a drunk?? :confused::confused::confused:

I think the idea is that the alcohol cost to NCL is less than the 18% Convenience Fee.

If you believe the individual prices NCL asks for drinks are real world then the UBP is usually of value for even light drinkers. NCL probably has most people covered between cruise fare increases and the 18% gratuity. The UBP now seems a marketing ploy luring in those that want to drink large quantities of relatively cheap alcohol. I have found it was less expensive pre-UBP when I ordered a bar setup for the room and payed corkage on a few bottles of wine, that way at least I drank what I liked. With the UBP I tend to drink more than usual to make the package "worth it" and they no longer cover the drinks I prefer. I'm ready for the promo to end, hopefully cruise fares and drink prices would then be reduced. Unfortunately, I feel that is unlikely to happen.