Debarkation Help to get of ship quicker

dx052

We had a bit of a challenging exit leaving the ship on the end of our last cruise so I just wanted a bit help so we don't repeat the same mistake on our next cruise in November. If I remember rightly we had to fill out a form the night before to advise how our onward journey was going to happen & we placed our luggage outside the room as well the night before! and I think we noted that we had a transfer to a hotel then onto the airport which was all organised by Celebrity, the only problem with that I think we waited about two hours the MDR before we even got of the ship into the terminal the another 90 minutes in the terminal queue, so i wasn't very impressed. This time around we are just walking of the ship and getting a taxi. So with that in mind what shall I advise or do so we can get of the ship at the earliest possible point? forgot to say it's in Miami.

Edited by dx052

We had a bit of a challenging exit leaving the ship on the end of our last cruise so I just wanted a bit help so we don't repeat the same mistake on our next cruise in November. If I remember rightly we had to fill out a form the night before to advise how our onward journey was going to happen & we placed our luggage outside the room as well the night before! and I think we noted that we had a transfer to a hotel then onto the airport which was all organised by Celebrity, the only problem with that I think we waited about two hours the MDR before we even got of the ship into the terminal the another 90 minutes in the terminal queue, so i wasn't very impressed. This time around we are just walking of the ship and getting a taxi. So with that in mind what shall I advise or do so we can get of the ship at the earliest possible point? forgot to say it's in Miami.

Celebrity Cruises guests who are eager to depart the ship early can take advantage of Express Departure, an option that allows them to carry their own luggage off the ship rather than claim it in the terminal after disembarking.

To use Express Departure, guests who are able to carry their own luggage simply keep their luggage inside their stateroom the night before departure day. The next morning, these guests can depart the ship upon arrival and once the ship has received clearance from the local authorities.

Celebrity Cruises guests who are eager to depart the ship early can take advantage of Express Departure, an option that allows them to carry their own luggage off the ship rather than claim it in the terminal after disembarking.

To use Express Departure, guests who are able to carry their own luggage simply keep their luggage inside their stateroom the night before departure day. The next morning, these guests can depart the ship upon arrival and once the ship has received clearance from the local authorities.

We are thinking of using this next year after an Alaska cruise that disembarks in Seattle. The ship arrives at 5:00 AM and we need to get off around 7:30 AM. I don't ever remember hearing an announcement letting Express Departure people know when they can leave. Is there one and I have just not paid attention to it? If not, we can certainly wait close to the exit point.

We are thinking of using this next year after an Alaska cruise that disembarks in Seattle. The ship arrives at 5:00 AM and we need to get off around 7:30 AM. I don't ever remember hearing an announcement letting Express Departure people know when they can leave. Is there one and I have just not paid attention to it? If not, we can certainly wait close to the exit point.

They will leave a disembarkation questionnaire in your stateroom and if you check the Express Walk Off option you will be given instructions the day before you leave letting you know what time and where to line up. You must sign up for it and they said it's limited to so many passengers (maybe 200 - I can't quite remember).

They will leave a disembarkation questionnaire in your stateroom and if you check the Express Walk Off option you will be given instructions the day before you leave letting you know what time and where to line up. You must sign up for it and they said it's limited to so many passengers (maybe 200 - I can't quite remember).

Thanks, we always sign up for our disembarkation time as soon as we get the form; but have never needed to use Express, so it is interesting to see how it is done.

Thanks, we always sign up for our disembarkation time as soon as we get the form; but have never needed to use Express, so it is interesting to see how it is done.

They don't ask for anything you just get in line with your luggage. As someone mentioned the line can be quite long if you don't get there earlier than the specified time.

The "early bird catches the worm" really applies here if you want to disembark the ship as early as possible. On a number of cruises, I have always gotten up earlier than most, went for Breakfast a few minutes after the Buffet or main dining room opened and used the express walk off/carry my own bags option/lined up at the exit doors a few minutes before the ship is supposed to be cleared by customs. I have always saved so much time by being in the first group of 50 passengers or so by doing this. Yes, you may lose an hour of sleep but you make up for it on the back end if you really want to get off the ship as early as possible.

If you want to get away really early be prepared to line up 45 minutes to an hour before estimated time of departure. We use espress departure when we leave the ship in Sydney Australia in order to get an early flight home to NZ. Disembarkation time is normally 6.30 so we line up just prior to 6.00 am and still haven't got to the front of the queue. Its a bit like lining up for Tender tickets, unless you are early you could have a long wait

We've done express disembarkation twice, by default if you don't put your luggage out you're doing express disembarkation. No forms to complete, no limits to the numbers allowed and on the two occasions we did it at Southampton, no queues whatsoever.

We just waited until we saw the first person walking off the ship (about 25 mins after we docked) and then down the lift to deck 5 and the exit was right by the the forward lifts, just us, two crew members and the guest services manager saying "bye". Within 10 minutes we're in our own car driving out of the port - if you can handle your own luggage it's really easy peasy lemon squeesy

Edited by DYKWIA

We've done express disembarkation twice, by default if you don't put your luggage out you're doing express disembarkation. No forms to complete, no limits to the numbers allowed and on the two occasions we did it at Southampton, no queues whatsoever.

We just waited until we saw the first person walking off the ship (about 25 mins after we docked) and then down the lift to deck 5 and the exit was right by the the forward lifts, just us, two crew members and the guest services manager saying "bye". Within 10 minutes we're in our own car driving out of the port - if you can handle your own luggage it's really easy peasy lemon squeesy

Now that sounds like a winner.