Dining Times

CozGurl

I chose early dining and now I'm questioning myself. Can you ever change after a night or two? I say that because the first two nights early dining will be fine. The next three are port days and I don't want to have to rush back. But then again, don't you always have to be back by 4:00 or 5:00 when the ship leaves at 5 or 6:00?

Does anyone like Anytime Dining? Can I switch to that anytime I want? Is there a good time to go when you won't have a long wait?

If I keep my 6:00 can we show up and do Anytime Dining if we don't make it in time?

I know we can always eat at the buffet but I really prefer being seated and waited on while on vacation.

No, you cannot change after you start one dining option. If you miss your 6:00 time you have to find a different place to eat. I like Anytime Dining, I am not rushed to finish whatever I am doing to make it to dinner. I like to eat early and have not encountered a much of a wait at all. The peak times are around 7:00 or 7:30 and you may have a bit of a wait. You have to change your dining option before you board or go to the MDR on the first day. After that you stay with whatever you picked, you cannot change mid cruise.

I chose early dining and now I'm questioning myself. Can you ever change after a night or two? I say that because the first two nights early dining will be fine. The next three are port days and I don't want to have to rush back. But then again, don't you always have to be back by 4:00 or 5:00 when the ship leaves at 5 or 6:00?

Does anyone like Anytime Dining? Can I switch to that anytime I want? Is there a good time to go when you won't have a long wait?

If I keep my 6:00 can we show up and do Anytime Dining if we don't make it in time?

I know we can always eat at the buffet but I really prefer being seated and waited on while on vacation.

The last cruise we went on was the first time we did anytime dining. If I have it my way, we will never go back to the early seating. It's so nice to just go whenever you want to!

Assuming you are not part of a large group, I suggest that you change to Your Time Dining (YTD) for the flexibility that you want. You are not supposed to be able to utilize YTD if you have assigned dining. We have done YTD several times, and it is hard to make a general statement about busy times. It depends how many have signed up, passenger demographics, itinerary, etc. Elegant Nights are typically busier. 7:00pm - 7:30pm is often a busy time because few, if any, tables are free from the guests who have been seated earlier. If you are willing to share a table with others, you may have a shorter wait.

On one cruise, we experienced long lines for Your Time Dining the first night, so the next day we asked the Maitre'D to change us to Late Dining and he did. It is totally dependent on whether they have tables available. Switching multiple times during the cruise, however I am sure would not be allowed.

If you want to dine at a different time each day in the dining room, then you should switch to your time dining. You can make the change the first day of your cruise. Go to the dining room at about 1pm and request YTD.

No, you cannot change after you start one dining option. If you miss your 6:00 time you have to find a different place to eat. I like Anytime Dining, I am not rushed to finish whatever I am doing to make it to dinner. I like to eat early and have not encountered a much of a wait at all. The peak times are around 7:00 or 7:30 and you may have a bit of a wait. You have to change your dining option before you board or go to the MDR on the first day. After that you stay with whatever you picked, you cannot change mid cruise.

Not true,

I had late dining on one cruise and after the third day switched to ATD without a problem.

It might not have been a big deal since I was traveling solo but it can be done. Now I just stick to ATD most of the time.

Anytime dining so you can go anytime.

We tried it twice. Its not for us.

I prefer the waiter staff get to know what we like and not like and not have to explain it night after night

we also tried late dining-- ouch

eating that late at night there was no time for food to digest and it was hard sleeping with all that food just laying there.

Eat and hurry off to the shows.

At least with early dining we were able to walk off some food before we had to go sit for the shows.

In my experience (granted, peak times always due to my profession), YTD (anytime dining) fills up, so if you want it, you should select it while you can. I hate the set dining personally. Always do anytime. Sometimes a wait at peak times (7-7:30), especially on formal nights, especially the first (lobster and usually sea day). But usually near the atrium bar, so we just grab drinks or do photos while we wait. Most nights, little to no wait (0-10 minutes) for 2 or 4, even at peak times in peak season.

Then opens back up after 11pm for limited selections

depends on what ship

i have seen midnight bites along the promanade.

Buffet serves the same menu as the dining room minus a few items and closes promptly at 9:30

I was worried for my first Anytime Dining Experience on my last cruise, as I heard horror stories of people waiting forever for tables, etc. but I actually like it better to the assigned times. I always eat early, so there has never been a wait, and I don't feel guilty if I decide not to go to the dining room one night.