Princess v Carnival Comparison

Yehootu

Thanks for the caparison

We love Carnival but do feel Princess is a step above.

But with the price difference, unless we can find good deals on Princess

there will be more Carnival in our future,

That's not a bad thing

Thanks for the comparison! We have done RCI, Carnival, and Princess. Carnival for us, is the funnest, RCI a second and Princess came in last. For us, everything seemed to die down at 8. We did do a lot of relaxing that trip! I just love cruising. Any ship, any cruise line!

Fair comparison. Love the comment on the hallway carpeting. It does come in handy. Since we are now 60 and have no kids with us, Princess all the way for me. I think the two lines are night and day. We have been in the clubs, on Princess at midnight, and they are going strong. Depends on the passenger mix. I think the IC is invaluable for us very early risers for decent coffee.

For us it's Princess first and Carnival last. We find great deals on Princess, the OBC are good, more promotional features like 3 for free, free gratuities, or a free drink package. I never see anything like that offered on Carnival. Less children on board - biggest plus for us. Princess has 2 Happy Hours everyday BOGO for $1. Princess decor is more subtle in colors than Carnival. Platinum and elite debarkation and embarkation is recognized, whereas Carnival debarks Carnival excursion people before FTTF/platinum/diamond. There's no FTTF on Princess which is a big plus for platinum and elite people. Food is much better than Carnival. Our experience on the Legend left us with disliking Carnival - cabin and the deck we were on smelled of garbage, debarkation at ports was a nightmare, and the CD is a liar. Princess has the worse transfer program ever, we take Super Shuttle or taxis now. Princess for platinum and elite on 10+ cruise days 250 free internet minutes, less days 150 free internet minutes. Princess is more classier, I don't feel like I'm at WalMart whenever we cruise on Princess. JMHO

One more thing. If you happen to be cruising during Super Bowl Sunday, Princess puts out a big spread in the lounge. Plenty of food and waiters taking orders for beer, etc. Princess has popcorn every night at Movies Under the Stars. Sometimes waiters walk around offering cookies. Just stuff like this keeps us going back to Princess.

Edited by elliair

For us it's Princess first and Carnival last. We find great deals on Princess, the OBC are good, more promotional features like 3 for free, free gratuities, or a free drink package. I never see anything like that offered on Carnival. Less children on board - biggest plus for us. Princess has 2 Happy Hours everyday BOGO for $1. Princess decor is more subtle in colors than Carnival. Platinum and elite debarkation and embarkation is recognized, whereas Carnival debarks Carnival excursion people before FTTF/platinum/diamond. There's no FTTF on Princess which is a big plus for platinum and elite people. Food is much better than Carnival. Our experience on the Legend left us with disliking Carnival - cabin and the deck we were on smelled of garbage, debarkation at ports was a nightmare, and the CD is a liar. Princess has the worse transfer program ever, we take Super Shuttle or taxis now. Princess for platinum and elite on 10+ cruise days 250 free internet minutes, less days 150 free internet minutes. Princess is more classier, I don't feel like I'm at WalMart whenever we cruise on Princess. JMHO

One more thing. If you happen to be cruising during Super Bowl Sunday, Princess puts out a big spread in the lounge. Plenty of food and waiters taking orders for beer, etc. Princess has popcorn every night at Movies Under the Stars. Sometimes waiters walk around offering cookies. Just stuff like this keeps us going back to Princess.

We were on a 10day Sea of Cortez cruise in Oct 2014. Overnight, besides 1 Sports on Muts. NFL, and World Series. A lot of angry people, but a lot of happy sports fans. Watching the games with a cold one on the big screen outside while cruising along=Priceless!!!!