Horizon Court--Star Princess

Italy52

The Star's buffet it similar to all Grand class ship buffets. You enter at one end. On one side there is one long row consisting of a chilled case for juices, salads and whatever, a section with 6-8 warming trays for entrees, vegges, hot dessert of the day, etc, a carving station, another section with 6-8 warming trays and a section for soups and other items. They are not separate sections but you can jump the line if no one is at the next section. On the other side there are two separate sections used for breads, fruit and such. In the middle there are two sections, one for the salad bar and baked goods and the other for prepared salads and more baked goods. A couple of years ago they added another section across from the buffet which is used for pastries in the morning, desserts from lunch on and in the afternoon a deli area for fresh sandwiches. I hope someone will post a photo. The arrangement can be confusing at first. Newbies tend to stay in the one line rather than jumping ahead to another section which is permissible.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Oh dear, I was hoping for a better configuration. You are right, newbies do tend to stay in line and that can result in frustration and slow food lines. Hopefully, someone will have a picture or two so I can get a visual. If not, I will just have to see it for myself when we board next July.

Here are a few photos of the Horizon Court Buffet area:

14032112503_e94ae6e59a_z.jpg

13988944166_b66b482dc8_z.jpg

14012565394_009b96e548_z.jpg

13859426984_4f4b53a580_z.jpg

Basically, the hot food is along the back section. The islands have the salad bar items. Breads, cheeses and the like are along the outside section. During the last drydock, the desserts were moved out of the main buffet section, and are now outside the gated area, closer to the seating. It has helped alleviate some of the crowds in the main buffet area. Here's a photo of the new dessert station:

13827315405_feccffebcc_z.jpg

Oh dear, I was hoping for a better configuration. You are right, newbies do tend to stay in line and that can result in frustration and slow food lines. Hopefully, someone will have a picture or two so I can get a visual. If not, I will just have to see it for myself when we board next July.

Food lines are tolerable. Hope you enjoy the food, and your cruise.

Here are a few photos of the Horizon Court Buffet area:

14032112503_e94ae6e59a_z.jpg

13988944166_b66b482dc8_z.jpg

14012565394_009b96e548_z.jpg

13859426984_4f4b53a580_z.jpg

Basically, the hot food is along the back section. The islands have the salad bar items. Breads, cheeses and the like are along the outside section. During the last drydock, the desserts were moved out of the main buffet section, and are now outside the gated area, closer to the seating. It has helped alleviate some of the crowds in the main buffet area. Here's a photo of the new dessert station:

13827315405_feccffebcc_z.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures, I appreciate them very much as it gives me a better idea of the layout.

Thank you so much for the pictures, I appreciate them very much as it gives me a better idea of the layout.
You're welcome. It can get congested when busy. But most of the time, you can get in and out pretty quickly.

You're welcome. It can get congested when busy. But most of the time, you can get in and out pretty quickly.

From the looks of the layout I thought it might get a little congested at times as the aisles don't look too wide. Since we will be cruising Alaska, our main concern is the breakfast time --- we find that a lot of people like to get up early when cruising Alaska --- I know we do.

From the looks of the layout I thought it might get a little congested at times as the aisles don't look too wide. Since we will be cruising Alaska, our main concern is the breakfast time --- we find that a lot of people like to get up early when cruising Alaska --- I know we do.

Actually, what the pictures show is half of the buffet area. There is an identical area to it on the other side of the ship. So the passengers are spread out in two areas like the ones pictured, not just one.

If you're looking for a quick breakfast if the Horizon Court Buffet is crazy busy, you might want to try the International Cafe down in the Piazza on Deck 5. You can grab something to go and eat it out on deck while enjoying the scenery. Here are a few photos of the IC on the Star Princess:

13859750854_740eece4a5_z.jpg

13859364164_f42b9618fd_z.jpg

13859023073_92e8e0c39e_z.jpg

Actually, what the pictures show is half of the buffet area. There is an identical area to it on the other side of the ship. So the passengers are spread out in two areas like the ones pictured, not just one.

Nice to be reminded.

Not if only one side is open.

If you want to be up early and sightseeing, consider room service, instead of the buffet

If you want to be up early and sightseeing, consider room service, instead of the buffet

We are not a big fan of room service because the menu is quite limited, and even when we have been in a full suite with the expanded menu, the omelettes and breakfast sandwiches have been barely warm and the sandwiches were soggy. I would still suggest the Horizon Court buffet or if it is too crowded, the International Cafe is a good alternative.

What hours for the horizon? BREAKFAST,LUNCH,& DINNER
The Horizon Court Buffet is open non stop from 5 AM until 11 PM. Here's the basic lineup:

5 AM - 6 AM Continental Breakfast

6 AM - 11:30 AM Breakfast Buffet

11:30 AM - 3:30 PM Lunch

3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Afternoon Snacks

5:30 PM - 11 PM Dinner Buffet

There are 2 sides to the buffet. At times one of them will be closed to switch from breakfast to lunch, for example. But at least one side of the buffet is always open.

• 1 month later...
If you're looking for a quick breakfast if the Horizon Court Buffet is crazy busy, you might want to try the International Cafe down in the Piazza on Deck 5. You can grab something to go and eat it out on deck while enjoying the scenery. Here are a few photos of the IC on the Star Princess:

13859750854_740eece4a5_z.jpg

13859364164_f42b9618fd_z.jpg

13859023073_92e8e0c39e_z.jpg

We are not a big fan of room service because the menu is quite limited, and even when we have been in a full suite with the expanded menu, the omelettes and breakfast sandwiches have been barely warm and the sandwiches were soggy. I would still suggest the Horizon Court buffet or if it is too crowded, the International Cafe is a good alternative.

We have ordered eggs from room service and even grits. You just write it in. AND it's free, as opposed to the Anthem of the Seas that we just got off and your only room service choice was a danish or bagel. If you wanted eggs you had to pay for them $4.95 for one egg. I just kept telling myself....there's no place like Princess. there's no place like Princess. :D With that said, we love the IC for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Royal Caribbean....take notes!