Transfers

The first off the ship are usually the self-assist people.

If I had an early flight, I'd want to arrange my own transportation and not be waiting for a bus to fill.

I'd check out the Italy ports forum for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

Edited by clarea

If you don't have too much luggage and are mobile enough, walk to the people mover at the end of the pier, take that to the central square and take the 5 bus to the airport. Otherwise, do as Bob suggested and take a taxi - for two people it's much easier and probably about the same price as the RCI transfer (~40 Euro).

We are able to carry off our own luggage.

Do you think we would be better to prebook a taxi or will there be lots available?

If we didn't want to take the bus.

For an early departure you should be able to find a taxi but you may want to reserve one if debarking with the masses.

Juanita,

Venice is a pretty small airport. You´re not adviced to be there earlier than 2 hours prior to departure. The check in won´t be open any earlier than that. There´s no seating space in the public area.

So with an 11:30 am flight you should be there by 9:30 am. They want you off the ship by 9 am usually. Transfer time shouldn´t be longer than 30 min. So you won´t have any problems taking the RCI transfer bus. You have to give them your flight time anyway and then they put you on an early bus.

steamboats