Disappointed in price hikes

I've been watching and hoping prices would stay the same or even cheaper for the 17th of Sept. I am thinking I'd like to go on this cruise but can't book till my first grandbaby makes its appearance. It is due Aug 29th but not sure when it will actually arrive so I do not want to book till I know. 😞The prices are steadily going up is this normal?

What do you need to click on to find that out? I did a fake booking and it just said inside rooms, but no way of finding out how many is left.

It does not show exactly how many staterooms are left, but it does show up to 50 available staterooms per category.

That is a special crown and anchor cruise I believe. We cruise every year that week for our anniversary and usually it is dirt cheap. This year it was not and when I did some research ,it was something special. ( this was 10 months ago). The prices may not drop but they have always gotten the cheapest at 2 weeks out for us. So maybe that baby will come on time and you can cruise cheaply. Because of the prices last December, I booked a NCL cruise for the first time.

Clarea, that is interesting. Why do you think the UK website is better? Easier to find info? It would never have even crossed my mind that they were different.

Edited by tinkr2

Great deal on Empress for your dates...5 nighter...

I am waiting and watching prices for this fall as well...they are currently over DOUBLE what I paid last year for the exact same cruise/ship/ports etc......but I did wait till Sept 4to book last year so hoping for the same luck this year.

I've been watching and hoping prices would stay the same or even cheaper for the 17th of Sept. I am thinking I'd like to go on this cruise but can't book till my first grandbaby makes its appearance. It is due Aug 29th but not sure when it will actually arrive so I do not want to book till I know. The prices are steadily going up is this normal?

Edit- misunderstood the question

I thought you were talking about a cruise for September 2017

Edited by Kew Gardens Cruiser

Guess I'm out of luck. The site says that date was sold out.The date worked with my husband's work schedule and we needed to be home by Thursday afternoon and figured we could drive it. But babies are unpredictable and that's more important. I'll just have to wait till next year to cruise again😭

I've been watching and hoping prices would stay the same or even cheaper for the 17th of Sept. I am thinking I'd like to go on this cruise but can't book till my first grandbaby makes its appearance. It is due Aug 29th but not sure when it will actually arrive so I do not want to book till I know. 😞The prices are steadily going up is this normal?

I noticed that too Tidygirl. I have been trying to sell new folks on cruising but the prices, for the last year, have been high compared to a couple of years ago.

I'm thinking that two factors are involved.

One: 4 years ago that idiot sunk the Costa ship in addition to Carnival letting their ships be stranded at sea creating a nightmare image for the entire industry. That was when prices dropped. I suspect a great number of people were afraid to sail because of these very public incidents. Well, time has passed and some people forget.

Two: The cruise lines are buying these very expensive ships in amazing number and they have to pay for them. So, good bye low prices. If you search you can still occasionally fine some good deals. Don't give up. MHO.

I noticed that too Tidygirl. I have been trying to sell new folks on cruising but the prices, for the last year, have been high compared to a couple of years ago.

I'm thinking that two factors are involved.

One: 4 years ago that idiot sunk the Costa ship in addition to Carnival letting their ships be stranded at sea creating a nightmare image for the entire industry. That was when prices dropped. I suspect a great number of people were afraid to sail because of these very public incidents. Well, time has passed and some people forget.

Two: The cruise lines are buying these very expensive ships in amazing number and they have to pay for them. So, good bye low prices. If you search you can still occasionally fine some good deals. Don't give up. MHO.

And the economy is in better shape than it has been for years past. With the stock market on the rise and mortgage rates below 4% people have some extra cash lying around. On top of that there are a lot more jobs these days that cater to cruising such as working from home on your own schedule, freelancing is on the rise and year round schools get away from the traditional vacations.

-Sean

-Sean